Windows 10: can not open pictures or videos

Discus and support can not open pictures or videos in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to open a photo or video from File Explorer, the spinning blue circle appears for a few seconds then the screen turns black and turns File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GregBrady3, Oct 13, 2021.

1. can not open pictures or videos

When I try to open a photo or video from File Explorer, the spinning blue circle appears for a few seconds then the screen turns black and turns File explorer off. The Photo or video does not open.

:)

GregBrady3, Oct 13, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Ryan Pag Win User
    My computer says no pictures or videos found

Hi Connie,

In order for us to assist you better with the picture or videos error on your computer, please provide the following information:

• Are you trying to search or open pictures and videos on your computer?
    • May you please provide to us the complete error message.
    • Any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

can not open pictures or videos

Can't open pictures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting error when trying to open Pictures on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the default application that is set to open pictures?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

It could be possible that the application set to open pictures is not working properly. If Photos app is set as the default application to open
    pictures, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

can not open pictures or videos

1. can not open pictures or videos - Similar Threads - open pictures videos

2. can not open pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not open pictures or videos: When I try to open a photo or video from File Explorer, the spinning blue circle appears for a few seconds then the screen turns black and turns File explorer off. The Photo or video does not open....
  3. Can you storing the GPS picture/ video location when taking pictures/ videos in Windows...

Can you storing the GPS picture/ video location when taking pictures/ videos in Windows...: When importing pictures/ video in the Photos app in Windows 10 is there an option to also collect the attribute of where the picture/ video was taken?When using an iPhone when taking a photo it stores the picture/ video location on the iPhone with a meaningful location name....
  4. cant open pictures, videos, or music?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant open pictures, videos, or music?: all of the sudden i cant open any videos or pictures or music. i have no idea what happened just one day everything stopped working. https://imgur.com/a/P3OhlYf any help fixing this would be appreciated, thanks! submitted by /u/OfficerCoolGuy [link] [comments]...
  5. Opening a picture video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a picture video: Hi all, I have made a picture-video in Windows 10; adding music and text, etc. I saved the back-up (.vpb file) but I now cannot open the project to render it out, now that I have time to work on it. :-( Silly question I'm sure...but it's really frustrating me that I cannot...
  6. Can not open picture files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not open picture files: I can not open my picture file, even though it was before. After I clicked a picture file, a note : the app didn't start; will appear. Is there any way to fix this problems?...
  7. Can not open attached picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not open attached picture: can not open attached jpg pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-attached-picture/d1c2dd8d-616d-4f9f-bdd0-7d61c879c05b
  8. can not open attched picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    can not open attched picture: can not open attached jpg pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-attched-picture/d1c2dd8d-616d-4f9f-bdd0-7d61c879c05b
  9. video and picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video and picture: Just got my new pc and my video and picture taking is not working right,when I try to take a picture all I see is a black back ground in the picture like I took it in the dark and the video does the same thing? is there a setting that I need to turn on????...
  10. can not open videos and pictures

can not open videos and pictures: When I try to open my pictures and videos it tells me Access is Denied. on top it also said location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/can-not-open-videos-and-pictures/7d917cde-ddcc-417e-8fc2-f51a0c90393a