Windows 10: Can not open WD Smartware hard drive

Discus and support Can not open WD Smartware hard drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I can not open my external WD driver on windows 10, I have looked at their homepage but I can't see any utlities for it. Anyone have a suggestion?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Miron, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Miron Win User

Can not open WD Smartware hard drive

Hi, I can not open my external WD driver on windows 10, I have looked at their homepage but I can't see any utlities for it. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you in advance

:)

Miron, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Jim-WA98 Win User

Windows Defender and Western Digital Passport Smartware

I am successfully using a WD external hard drive on an isolated Windows XP desktop and like the WD Smartware program. Can I use the WD Smartware on a separate WD Passport external drive for backing up my Windows 10 laptop. I looked at the WD website
    and it indicates that all virus protection programs need to be disabled to load/update the Smartware program for external drives. I am wary about disabling Windows Defender, what does the community recommned?

Jim-WA98, Jun 19, 2021
  3. LSPER Win User
    My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

My WD Passport external hard drive won't open. It's listed in device manager and in the properties is listed as "working properly".

LSPER, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Can not open WD Smartware hard drive

Firewall preventing WD My Cloud to be seen by WD Smartware

I have a Western Digital My Cloud that I back up to using WD Smartware. The only way the smartware can see the device is if I turn the public firewall off. Does anyone have any idea how I can work around this. WD referred me to Microsoft who said there
    was a driver/bios issue and referred me to Lenovo (my PC manufacture) and Lenovo of course referred me back to Microsoft...

DonnaShawver, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Can not open WD Smartware hard drive

1. Can not open WD Smartware hard drive - Similar Threads - open Smartware hard

2. Cannot open WD Hard drive on my Dell laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot open WD Hard drive on my Dell laptop with windows 10: Cannot open WD Hard drive on my Dell laptop with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-wd-hard-drive-on-my-dell-laptop-with/1a8ac649-69d3-4087-ba75-27d5656cfb16
  3. Cannot open WD Hard drive on my Dell laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open WD Hard drive on my Dell laptop with windows 10: Cannot open WD Hard drive on my Dell laptop with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-wd-hard-drive-on-my-dell-laptop-with/1a8ac649-69d3-4087-ba75-27d5656cfb16
  4. Cannot open WD Hard drive on my Dell laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not open WD Smartware hard drive

Can not open WD Smartware hard drive: Hi, I can not open my external WD driver on windows 10, I have looked at their homepage but I can't see any utlities for it. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you in advance 181285
  6. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: My WD Passport external hard drive won't open. It's listed in device manager and in the properties is listed as "working properly". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/dac92589-6d55-43ae-a9b0-6e14014b17d8
  7. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: I've tried all of the recommendations posted and none have worked. What else can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/4cb1db83-c269-4d71-8fe2-e7c9e11a1155
  8. Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium...: The clone failed. Is there a maximum drive size that M-R Clone drive will clone? After 8+ years of no failures whatsoever with M-R I was surprised. TIA Dennis...
  9. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...
  10. Gaining permission to WD hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gaining permission to WD hard drive: I've recently tried to get my WD my world book, external hard drive going on a new laptop. Managed to install everything and it now shows on my network on laptop. But when I try opening the folder I get an message saying "MYBOOKWORLD is not accessible. You might not have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open wd smartware

2. WD Unlocker not working Windows 10