Windows 10: Can Not Place/Shuffle App Icon into the Start Menu

Discus and support Can Not Place/Shuffle App Icon into the Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I Right Click on an App Icon, click Pin to Start, then attempt to shuffle the Icon into place the menu screen grays out and locks up. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BuzWeaver, Oct 24, 2016.

1. BuzWeaver Win User

Can Not Place/Shuffle App Icon into the Start Menu

When I Right Click on an App Icon, click Pin to Start, then attempt to shuffle the Icon into place the menu screen grays out and locks up. I have to them go back to the App Icon and chose Unpin to clear up the gray-out.

Can Not Place/Shuffle App Icon into the Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

BuzWeaver, Oct 24, 2016

2. Shuffle-function in music player

Select a song using the shuffle icon, then when it is playing select options and a different menu appears, one option of which allows you to select shuffle on or off.

tangerine---01, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Locking icons on Win 10

Is there any way to lock icons in place (my) layout? Win10 will routinely shuffle icons. I have unchecked the auto arrange setting in view? Anything else I can do or is this simply a bug that needs to be address?

Thanks

StevenDLee, Oct 24, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

5. BuzWeaver Win User
    That appears to be the issue, but I didn't see a resolution. I was able to get around the issue by going into Safe Mode and setting up programs in the Start Menu. Thanks for your help.

BuzWeaver, Oct 24, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    It was in post #3

Start menu problem

7. Bree New Member
Thema:

1. Can Not Place/Shuffle App Icon into the Start Menu - Similar Threads - Place Shuffle App

2. Desktop Icons Shuffled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Shuffled: Every once in a while, my icons suddenly get shuffled around. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. No, I have not accidentally hit "Auto-Arrange" or anything like that. It just happens. Usually when I'm not logged in, but it just happened right in front of my...
  3. Desktop Icons Shuffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Shuffled: Every once in a while, my icons suddenly get shuffled around. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. No, I have not accidentally hit "Auto-Arrange" or anything like that. It just happens. Usually when I'm not logged in, but it just happened right in front of my...
  4. Desktop Icons Shuffled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. start menu apps icon are missing

start menu apps icon are missing: some of my start menu app icons are missing after the recent update . I don't know how to resolve it . please help me with that. [IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-apps-icon-are-missing/a6c8ce29-e521-453e-b9c4-e630c8a0c195
  6. Place permanent image in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Place permanent image in start menu: With the pandemic i'm using my usual PC to study, so I thought to integrate things into easy to access places. I'd like to have my calendar with classes and times in my start menu, but I cant seem to find a way to put a picture in it for easy viewing whenever I press the...
  7. Start menu Icons not sorting recent Apps icons

Start menu Icons not sorting recent Apps icons: Hello! My newly installed apps icons not showing ON TOP to start, only sorting alphabetically... Figured out this problem happening from this morning... tried to change some settings on 'Start' but not working, Please Help !! here is the picture[ATTACH]...
  8. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  9. Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu: As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe and shortcuts to the app but there is no difference. Any clues? [img] 10775
  10. Start menu icons/apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons/apps missing: Hi guys, Just got this error and couldn't find anything like this solved. The icons (or maybe the apps) are missing from the start menu. Thanks, Gabriel. [img] 40753