Windows 10: Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop

Discus and support Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP with a cd/dvd r-w I am not able to play DVD's Media player says there is no disc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LauraTemplin, Sep 7, 2018.

1. LauraTemplin Win User

Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop

Hi,

I have an HP with a cd/dvd r-w I am not able to play DVD's Media player says there is no disc.

:)

LauraTemplin, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop will not play dvd.

Hi Elisha,

Please provide more information so we can further understand what the problem is.

• Did this happen after an update?
    • Does it crash and give you any error messages when you play the DVD?
    • What software is your laptop using to play DVDs?
    • Is this issue happening for all video formats you try to play?
    We suggest that you roll back or update your video driver to fix the problem with the video.

You can also read about troubleshooting DVD playback on this
    page.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    DVD player in new HP laptop

Hello Jerry,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in playing the DVD in your computer. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the exact make and model of your computer?
    • Are you able to access the DVD from the File explorer?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Monica Cam Win User

Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop - Similar Threads - play DVD laptop

2. My computer (HP ) and DVD player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer (HP ) and DVD player: I purchased a new laptop ( HP ) with Windows 10 It came with no DVD or CD player so I purchased a external DVD player but I cannot get the DVD to install the DVDs that I had on Windows 7 . Is there something else I must purchase ? I have followed all the instructions I can...
  3. My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DVD that play movies only will not work on my HP 64 Bits but it plays music CD: Before when I tried to put a usb, my phone, then I notice a movie none of these items worked. They worked perfectly find before a few updates ago. I went into the device manager I could see the problem was I tried to redownload that particular driver it still didn't work then...
  4. playing DVD or cd on my computer

playing DVD or cd on my computer: playing DVD or cd on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windvd/playing-dvd-or-cd-on-my-computer/700415fb-6d3a-4a44-981d-18d9c45deb5e
  5. My HP laptop Windows 10 is not recognizing my internal DVD Writer

in Windows 10 Customization
    My HP laptop Windows 10 is not recognizing my internal DVD Writer: how do I get my DVD Writer to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-hp-laptop-windows-10-is-not-recognizing-my/ef77cb0f-de12-4401-8451-7508b17b1477
  6. Playing DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing DVD: Bought windows media player and have put dvd in drive but cant find it when I open media player and its not opening automatically. Can anyone help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-dvd/886fa2d2-fa99-4f3c-94c1-91fcf5a7f1ec
  7. can i copy my dvd's to my laptop

can i copy my dvd's to my laptop: instead of taking loads of dvd's on holiday i was wondering if i could download them to my laptop and if so how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windvd/can-i-copy-my-dvds-to-my-laptop/8945ad11-317d-48d1-9441-b3f4f1264c42
  8. DVD will not play

DVD will not play: I received a dvd with a recent purchase, why won't it play in WMP? Also I cannot play any video that is on website. Youtube works fine when watching videos but I was trying to listen to some videos on the Pittsburgh Steelers website and they would not play. Any suggestions?...
  9. DVD will not play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD will not play: I have an ASUS 501ux laptop with Windows 10. It doesn't have an internal DVD player. I purchased an external USB3 DVD drive but the laptop needs something to play the DVD. It won't open the DVD. What do I need? 51767
  10. Playing DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Playing DVD: Hello, Recently downloaded a whole movie, it is MP4 format. Since this cannot be played on home dvd player, had to convert it into AVI , in user manual it says AVI can be played - but it did not. So then I converted it into VOB format, but again dvd refused to play it....