Windows 10: Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop

Discus and support Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP with a cd/dvd r-w I am not able to play DVD's Media player says there is no disc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LauraTemplin, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop

Hi,

I have an HP with a cd/dvd r-w I am not able to play DVD's Media player says there is no disc.

:)

LauraTemplin, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop will not play dvd.

Hi Elisha,

Please provide more information so we can further understand what the problem is.

• Did this happen after an update?
    • Does it crash and give you any error messages when you play the DVD?
    • What software is your laptop using to play DVDs?
    • Is this issue happening for all video formats you try to play?
    We suggest that you roll back or update your video driver to fix the problem with the video.

You can also read about troubleshooting DVD playback on this
    page.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Sep 7, 2018
  3. DVD player in new HP laptop

Hello Jerry,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in playing the DVD in your computer. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the exact make and model of your computer?
    • Are you able to access the DVD from the File explorer?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop

Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop

1. Can not play a DVD in my HP laptop - Similar Threads - play DVD laptop

2. Can I use a Plug and Play external DVD drive for my HP laptop with Windows 11 S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a Plug and Play external DVD drive for my HP laptop with Windows 11 S mode?: Hello,I purchased and set up my new HP Envy x360 laptop with Windows 11 S mode. I need to use an external DVD drive for a course I enrolled in. I learned I cannot use an external DVD drive with Windows 11 in S mode. A representative from HP support told me I could use their...
  3. Can I use a Plug and Play external DVD drive for my HP laptop with Windows 11 S mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use a Plug and Play external DVD drive for my HP laptop with Windows 11 S mode?: Hello,I purchased and set up my new HP Envy x360 laptop with Windows 11 S mode. I need to use an external DVD drive for a course I enrolled in. I learned I cannot use an external DVD drive with Windows 11 in S mode. A representative from HP support told me I could use their...
  4. play dvd on windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    play dvd on windows 10 laptop: how to play dvd on windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-dvd-on-windows-10-laptop/346e6693-f94e-404f-8dc7-b2d8f6cc29b1
  5. Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's

Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's: My Toshiba laptop will not play any DVD/CD's. I went to the Control Panel Device Manager and it says the player is working properly. When I put in a DVD and click on the D: it asks me to insert a disc. I also checked for any updates for the player but Windows 10 says the...
  6. download a DVD into my HP laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download a DVD into my HP laptop: I wish to download a dvd into my laptop fpr permanent keep. Problem is that as soon as the drive is activated, the movie starts (12 minutes) but I cannot find it on the hard disk after wards. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP...
  7. how can i get google play to download on my hp laptop?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how can i get google play to download on my hp laptop?: how can i get google play to download on my hp laptop that has windows 10 software??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i/d3a06850-d562-48a1-9414-ac15ec7366b2"
  8. Can I play a dvd movie on my laptop with Windows 10?

Can I play a dvd movie on my laptop with Windows 10?: I have a DVD player on my laptop that has Windows 10. How do I play it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-play-a-dvd-movie-on-my-laptop-with-windows/7a742fdb-b872-4722-aae8-29621a60d501
  9. can not play dvd

can not play dvd: what do i need to try update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-play-dvd/14da4a8c-3be5-4f23-81d7-6c241d433486
  10. playing a DVD on my laptop

playing a DVD on my laptop: How do I get a DVD to play on my lap top? Do I need to download an app? Is all I need installed with Microsoft office software? Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-a-dvd-on-my-laptop/528d6ea6-d295-4656-8392-f04c53ee26f0