Windows 10: Can not play online games

Discus and support Can not play online games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dayday0124, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Can not play online games

I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated which didn't help the situation and its to the point where im getting annoyed that i cant play any fun games. I do use google chrome as my main browser if that helps you any and I have also tried using other things like Microsoft edge and that didn't help. All in all im just trying to get my computer working properly and getting back to being able to play with my friends online. If anyone would help me I would be very thankful considering it has been like this for a couple months now.

:)

Dayday0124, Oct 16, 2018

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Can not play online games

Xbox Play anywhere games

Hi David,

There are many possible reasons why Gears of War 4 randomly crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Can not play online games

1. Can not play online games - Similar Threads - play online games

2. can not play golf online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not play golf online: windows says golf.exe has stopped working and will not let me play,have tried restoring to earlier date bu still will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-play-golf-online/f20f63b9-2130-49bc-a747-eba67fd1650f
  3. can not play golf online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not play golf online: windows says golf.exe has stopped working and will not let me play,have tried restoring to earlier date bu still will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-play-golf-online/f20f63b9-2130-49bc-a747-eba67fd1650f
  4. I can not play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not play online games: My internet is working perfectly fine. I can go on websites just fine. I can watch YouTube I can even play stuff like cool math games. The problem is when i try to play a game through stuff like steam and epic games it won't connect to online. For example if I wanna play...
  5. Not able to play online games

Not able to play online games: I purchased the xbox game pass today and downloaded it so i had to download the newest windows update. After i downloaded the update i cant play games online. i can use google like i am right now. i can watch youtube fine. I tried to play overwatch and minecraft but they just...
  6. I played online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I played online games: online games until I accidently hit PLAY OFFLINE GAMES and now I cant get back to play games online with friends. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-played-online-games/955e6f3b-0785-4d46-b28d-082a1140a3bb
  7. Can not play Online Games in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not play Online Games in Windows 10 Pro: Hello, i m using Windows 10 Pro with latest update. Mostly i play PUBG mobile under wifi connection in my office. here is a Dell sonic wall firewall system for whole network. when i play under wifi connection it works fine even in laptop. but when i try to play in PC in...
  8. Can not play online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not play online games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...
  9. Can not play online games

Can not play online games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...
  10. Can not play online games