Windows 10: can not preview the msg files on windows 10.

Discus and support can not preview the msg files on windows 10. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have just bought a new Dell computer with office 365 and windows 10, 64 bit version? I was looking for the user voice for windows , but I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cécile Delch, Mar 20, 2020.

1. can not preview the msg files on windows 10.

Hi,

I have just bought a new Dell computer with office 365 and windows 10, 64 bit version?

I was looking for the user voice for windows , but I could not find it.

I can not preview the msg files on windows 10, 64 bits version

Is seems that there is no solution today : can you help me to post my question on the right place in order that Microsoft will find a solution for that issue?

I always received such messages from my computer

"outlook 365 on windows 10 'there is no default mail client, or the one currently used can not satisfy the mail request. Run Microsoft Outlook and set this program by default.

This file cannot be previewed due to an error in Windows Email Preview Generator"

As explained in the following article, Microsoft can read these msg preview in 64 bits windows :https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/3189902/can-t-preview-msg-files-in-windows-file-explorer-with-64-bit-outlook

I need to keep my preview on the word, ppt and xk files that are working fine.

Can you repair this bug and tell the users when it be repaired?

Many thanks for your help

Cécile

Pouvez-vous relayer ma demande aux équipes et m'informer quand ce bug sera réparé? Un tout grand merci

:)

Cécile Delch, Mar 20, 2020

2. Can't preview MSG files in explorer

Thanks for your continued attention.

The methods you suggest are for *OPENING* msg files, but I don't have any problems with that.

The error is with *PREVIEWING* emails - my workflow is such that I quickly scan up and down folder lists in explorer (including Word documents, spreadsheets, PDFs and emails) reading what is in the preview pane.

Disabling the network driver (for the Wifi adaptor) definitely fixes the fault. It has re-occurred and I have just been able to fix it by doing this (and previewing then continues to work OK even after re-enabling the driver)

I will check for driver update and report back.

SergeantPluck, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Can't preview MSG files in explorer

Thank you for getting back to us. While you're checking the network connectivity that can be a possible cause of this issue, we'd like to know if you're also using another version of Microsoft Outlook. Meanwhile, we've collated some methods that you can
    also try while we research further:

Method 1: Opening a MSG file

• Right click on the MSG file which you want to open.
    • Click on Open with and choose Outlook 2016
      or you can drag and drop the MSG file on your Outlook inbox.

You can also set MS Outlook as default msg opener:

• Right click on an MSG file > Properties > Click on Change button > Choose
      MS Outlook >> Click Ok.

Method 2: Resetting the default apps

• Go to Settings and search Default app settings.

• Click on the Reset button. This resets all file associations to the default values that were in place when Windows 10 was installed.

Method 3:
    Update your Network driver

Since disabling the network driver made some changes, we suggest that you update your drivers to see if there will be any changes.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Sigurd Win User

can not preview the msg files on windows 10.

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

can not preview the msg files on windows 10.

1. can not preview the msg files on windows 10. - Similar Threads - preview msg files

2. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...: Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed correctly. Up until recently this worked perfectly. I have checked settings in both File Explorer "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT set and Acrobat Reader "Enable PDF thumbnail...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed...: Windows 10 File Explorer will NOT preview PDF files all other files ARE previewed correctly. Up until recently this worked perfectly. I have checked settings in both File Explorer "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT set and Acrobat Reader "Enable PDF thumbnail...
  4. How can I enable file preview in Windows 10 S?

How can I enable file preview in Windows 10 S?: How can I preview files in file explorer with Windows 10 S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enable-file-preview-in-windows-10-s/4aec3624-c42d-4eec-8cc3-3e6f39199c55
  5. How can I enable file preview in Windows 10 S?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I enable file preview in Windows 10 S?: How can I preview files in file explorer with Windows 10 S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enable-file-preview-in-windows-10-s/4aec3624-c42d-4eec-8cc3-3e6f39199c55
  6. How can I enable file preview in Windows 10 S?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. "This file can't be previewed." When trying to preview Excel files with Windows 10 file...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This file can't be previewed." When trying to preview Excel files with Windows 10 file...: I've had a service ticket for this before, but the problem has NEVER been fixed. ALL of the readable instructions and ideas have been done. Problem still exists. Look my case up BEFORE responding. I have NO time to waste, re-inventing the wheel, so to speak....
  8. cannot preview .msg files in explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot preview .msg files in explorer: I recently updated outlook and now cannot preview saved .msg files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-preview-msg-files-in-explorer/d180d4cf-99d5-4869-8d8a-581f76fc0d15
  9. How can I migrate EML files to MSG files?

How can I migrate EML files to MSG files?: If I migrate of EML files into MSG files on Mac OS, then please me how can I do that? 129241
  10. Error Msg on Update 0x8024a223 with Insider Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17763.1...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Msg on Update 0x8024a223 with Insider Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17763.1...: I get the message 0x8024a223 when I try to do an update. It says Error Encountered There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024a223)...