Windows 10: Can not print a pdf file

Discus and support Can not print a pdf file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having this problem with both laptops, one an HP and the other a Lenovo. I can open the pdf file but when I click print nothing happens, I get no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by txstoby, Jan 29, 2020.

1. txstoby Win User

Can not print a pdf file

I am having this problem with both laptops, one an HP and the other a Lenovo. I can open the pdf file but when I click print nothing happens, I get no response from the HP printer which I have not had any problems with.
    I would include the Windows version number but do not know where to find it.

:)

txstoby, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Can not print a pdf file

Printing a pdf file

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Which browser are you using to print using pdf option?
    I suggest you to try with different browsers and go to the option “print with PDF”
    and then try to print and check if the issue persist. This will determine us whether the issue with browsers or printer.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Can not print a pdf file

1. Can not print a pdf file - Similar Threads - print pdf file

2. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  3. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  4. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't print pdf or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print pdf or files: It's been 2 weeks where I cannot print anything on my printer. I can only print notepad files but won't work pdf or other files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-pdf-or-files/e854f371-aca0-426b-8a0a-ed4beacc647b
  6. Can no longer print to pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can no longer print to pdf: I tried to print something and I was prompted with "no printer found". A quick look at Control Panel showed there was no Print to PDF icon. Add s Printer found no printer nor gave me further choices to do so. I went to Programs and Features and both choices for virtual...
  7. Can no longer print to pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer print to pdf: I tried to print something and I was prompted with "no printer found". A quick look at Control Panel showed there was no Print to PDF icon. Add s Printer found no printer nor gave me further choices to do so. I went to Programs and Features and both choices for virtual...
  8. Will not print PDF files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will not print PDF files: I can display the file, but cannot print attached PDF files that I am getting sent. So I have to use "Print display page" which is a god awfully slow process. I thought PDF files were universally accepted format. Do you know why it hangs up ? It just sits there, does...
  9. how can I print a pdf file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I print a pdf file: How can I print a pdf file? It keeps asking for a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-a-pdf-file/3d9c9cb4-09d0-4cac-bb46-44f7d6a13772"
  10. PDF print files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PDF print files: What inexpensive or free app or download is recommended to print to pdf large or custom paper sizes such as ArchD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-print-files/ba3eb7df-2b84-401a-ab03-cc8ae2dcd5f7