Windows 10: Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.

Discus and support Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm unable to print from Notepad or Wordpad. I have no issues from other software. If I save print jobs as SPL files, I can open them in SPLView and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdinPapendick, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.

I'm unable to print from Notepad or Wordpad. I have no issues from other software. If I save print jobs as SPL files, I can open them in SPLView and print without issue. Something is killing the hand-off process from the app to the printer.

Printer is an HP M402n on USB Windows 10. Will not print to any networked printers from Notepad or Wordpad either (HP, Konica, you name it). Print job appears as a pending document and then vanishes (when I'm not saving them). Printing to "Microsoft print to PDF" crashes Notepad and Wordpad.

I have the same issue with only one other program, Bluebeam Extreme. Bluebeam support points fingers at Microsoft since their 32 bit version prints, but their 64 bit does not. I went as par as sending them the SPL and SHD files generated from both programs, hoping that someone was willing to deal with the issue.

Drivers have been removed and replaced with latest versions.

DISM was run as was SFC. No issues found.

Using copy/paste as a work-around for now.

Any thoughts?

:)

AdinPapendick, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

wordpad and notepad will not print

Hi Tim,

It looks like you're having issues printing text documents created using Notepad or WordPad. For us to further isolate the problem, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when the applications start to freeze/crash?
    • Were you able to print from Microsoft Word?
    • Have you tried updating your printer driver?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver?

Ramon Imp, Jul 16, 2018
  3. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.

wordpad and notepad will not print

stuff prints fine from browser and other programs but text document will not print the program freezes up and closes have tried both wordpad and notepad they freeze up, edge, iexplorer, pictures print fine

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Tim.Tahtinen, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.

1. Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad. - Similar Threads - print Notepad Wordpad

2. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  3. Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working: After system repair, wordpad & paint not getting open. Message is appearing as "unable to create new document". Notepad not even responding at all. Someone has given soluation that Wordpad.exe file should be at correct location. But i am not able to find out that file also....
  4. How can I print from notepad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I print from notepad?: How can I print from notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-from-notepad/f79c1341-5177-4365-8c18-b4f2b2d63478
  5. "Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working: In the Start menu drawer, the applications are not showing but, if I type the app name it shows the .exe file and tried opening then, I am not being able to open the Notepad and Wordpad. While opening the Notepad application it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad it...
  6. Notepad replaced by WordPad

Notepad replaced by WordPad: Hello, I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files. How I can get back the default Notepad? I searched about it in the windows but seems it's not installed. Appreciete your help....
  7. I caanot print from ALL Apps - Can only print from WordPad

I caanot print from ALL Apps - Can only print from WordPad: Last week, I could print from any app I opened - Word, Excel, Outlook, WordPad, and even an old version of Lotus 123. I was a "happy camper". I have no idea what happened over the weekend, but now I can only print from WordPad. All other apps either shut down, or stall...
  8. Printing from wordpad in windows 10

Printing from wordpad in windows 10: Hello, I am new here and have never had training of any kind on computers, but I will do my best not drive anyone that helps crazy. I have an Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit and have an HP Photosmart Premium printer. I am printing envelopes using Wordpad. I have...
  9. I can't print from WordPad

I can't print from WordPad: In the past I could write and print using word pad, Now when I hit print the printed pages are empty of script. Second I tried to switch to One Note however have problems starting new One Note. My old one notes are there and I can print but I cant start a new One Note page...
  10. Can only Print from outside Notepad and Wordpad--only from outside

Can only Print from outside Notepad and Wordpad--only from outside: I can print a Notepad/Wordpad document by rightclicking on it and selecting Print, but when I select Print from within documents, I get an error: An error has occurred during this operation. Looked at all available online info--did not find this particular problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print from notepad windows 10

2. http://www.splonline.com.br/unale/spl2/

3. wordpad not printing

4. cant print from notepad windows 10,
  5. unable to print from notepad,
  6. Unable to print from wordpad,
  7. where is print button in wordpad,
  8. wordpad crashes printing windows 10,
  9. can you print from notepad or word pad windows 10,
  10. word pad not printing in windows 10,
  11. unale to print from notepad only,