Windows 10: Can not print in color- not sure why

Discus and support Can not print in color- not sure why in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using one drive app and online portal. I can only print in black and whiteeven when setting is color. Even if I use " Print to PDF" . I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JessieLeighton, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Can not print in color- not sure why

Using one drive app and online portal. I can only print in black and whiteeven when setting is color. Even if I use " Print to PDF" .

I have uninstalled and reinstalled: Print driver, one drive app. Not sure where to go from here.

In particular, the emojis are always black and white. Please help

:)

JessieLeighton, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Color printing

I would suggest the following steps:

In Word, click on "File" - "Options".

Click on "Display" - Select the box which says "Print background colors and images".

Click Ok to save the settings and then try to print.

Rick2021, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Surface Pro won't print in color

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while trying to print in color while using Surface Pro.​​ As you have mentioned that you are able to print in greyscale, it is possible that printer settings are set to print in greyscale. We will certainly assist
    you with this issue.

However, we would like to know the details requested below:

• What is the make and model of the printer that you are using?
    • Which application are you are using to print?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to check the printing preferences and check if the Print in Gray Scale option is enabled. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type control printers and click on
      OK.
    3. Right click on the Printer that you are using, and select
      Printing Preferences.
    4. Navigate to the Color tab and select the option
      Print in color. (If you do not see Color tab, you may want to check the
      Advanced options and check if Print in Grayscale is
      off.)
    5. Click on OK and check if you are able to print in color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Can not print in color- not sure why

Print in color

I've tried this'

but there is no print color to choose!

Change the bellow settings to print in color.

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
    2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing preferences.
    3. Make your choices, and then click OK.
    4. Under option Print color select color , then the OK button.

ChristinaTracy1, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Can not print in color- not sure why

1. Can not print in color- not sure why - Similar Threads - print color sure

2. No color printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No color printing.: After installing new computer Windows 11, HP4650 printer will only print in b&w.No choice for color or b&w in excel before printing.Pictures from email in b&w even though color was selected.Printer worked fine before new computer.FYI - printing from Laptop does just...
  3. Why won't my computer print in color?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my computer print in color?: Our other computer prints fine in color, so I know it is my computer. I no longer have the option to choose color or black and white when I set up my page to print. Nor does the Control Printer Settings provide an option to change my printer preferences from grey scale to...
  4. color printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    color printing: help how do I get my new epson printer to print in color in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-printing/bf87e45c-33b1-4547-a6c1-d876bea0898f
  5. Printing color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing color: I am running Win 11 Home Edition and have a HP Color Laserjet MFP M283fdw printer. The printer will not print color and when talking to HP Tech Support they tell me it's a Windows problem. Wondering if anyone might have a similar issue?...
  6. Print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print in color: my laptops will not send color to the printer. I ran all troubleshooting I know of, but no change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-in-color/9058b132-6b7f-4d7b-be36-26dc9219c8ca
  7. Color Printing

Color Printing: I have Windows 10 OS. I'm trying to print in color to my HP Officejet 3830. However, when I go to "File" & "Print" in the Word document, I'm not finding any options under Settings to choose "print in color." I've looked under "Printer Properties," "Page Set Up," "Advanced,...
  8. Color Printing

Color Printing: Windows 10. All of a sudden nothing will print in color. wireless HP3830 all in one printer. Ink levels and alignment good and test page in color ok. Can print color from phone....
  9. No color print

No color print: I currently have an HP Officejet 4650 printer on a local home network. I am running Windows 10 O/S. From my HP desktop I cannot print any color docs, Excel Spreadsheets or photos. These items print but only in black and white. Other family members, on the same network, can...
  10. Printing in Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing in Color: ASUS Laptop Lexmark X5650 Printer Windows 10 64 bit I go thru so much black ink printing music that I accumulate too many unused color cartridges. How do I set the default to color or have the choice of color or black and white?...