Windows 10: Can not reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Discus and support Can not reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently installed a new motherboard, and Windows 10 Pro now shows as not activated in the activation settings. I upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lasaron, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Lasaron Win User

Can not reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Hi,

I recently installed a new motherboard, and Windows 10 Pro now shows as not activated in the activation settings.

• I upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period
    • I have already tried running the troubleshooter, then selecting "I have recently changed my hardware". Two of my computers (the one in question included) shows up on the list of linked devices, and choosing "This is the device that I'm using at the moment" results in the following error message: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later" and a link to Windows Store to buy a new license.

UPDATE:

• I used Magical Jelly Bean to extract my Windows key, but entering it under "Change product key" (and choosing "Activate Windows) gives the error message We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid licence or key (I do), select Troubleshoot below (0x803fa067)

Any tips?

:)

Lasaron, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Feb 22, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can not reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change - Similar Threads - reactivate Pro hardware

2. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.: I just upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc. I am using the same HDD with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. This was a purchase from the Mircrosoft Store as a digital license in 2016. I cannot get it to re-activate on this new hardware. I have tried running...
  3. Can not reactive windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reactive windows after changing hardware: Hello,I changed hardware motherboard, cpu and I can not reactivate windows. I have digital license. While trying to troubleshoot I get "Unable to activate Windows We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re...
  4. Can not reactive windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not reactive windows after changing hardware: Hello,I changed hardware motherboard, cpu and I can not reactivate windows. I have digital license. While trying to troubleshoot I get "Unable to activate Windows We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re...
  5. can not reactivate windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can not reactivate windows after hardware change: I bought a new laptop, and I had a retail version of windows 10 pro on another laptop with digital license connected to my Microsoft account, when I installed windows on the new laptop and signed in with Microsoft account, I tried to reactivating it but, my new device dose...
  6. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I swapped out my old HDD for a new SSD and I moved all the data safely with Samsung's Data Migration Software. Everything went well until I noticed the "Activate Windows" watermark in the lower right hand corner or my screen. I followed every 'solution' I could find online....
  7. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Yesterday I upgraded my CPU, which also involved getting a new motherboard and RAM. I am aware that hardware changes this large will usually make this happen, but I've tried to troubleshoot, and I've clicked the button at the bottom when you have changed your hardware, but it...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I upgraded my hardware just today. Changed pretty much all of it, new motherboard, CPU etc. and now my Windows isn't activated anymore. I get the 0xC004F211 error code. Troubleshooting doesn't help, coming up with "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device."...
  9. Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change: Hello! I recently replaced my Processor/Motherboard/RAM on my Desktop PC and now I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Also, I get the error 0xC004F025 in the activation window (where I press Troubleshoot). After I select the device I am using, and pressing Activate, it says...
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change: I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reactivate after hardware change

2. reactivate win 10 no devices shown

3. windows not reactivation after hardware change

4. device not shown windows 10 reactivation,
  5. reactivate windows 10 pro,
  6. reactivate windows 10 after selecting device fails