Windows 10: Can not reconnect network drives on startup, but can in a few moments

Discus and support Can not reconnect network drives on startup, but can in a few moments in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Something annoying, and since I have seen it for so many years I suspect there has to be a fix - Upon starting any of the wifi laptops I almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brucemc777, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Can not reconnect network drives on startup, but can in a few moments

Something annoying, and since I have seen it for so many years I suspect there has to be a fix -

Upon starting any of the wifi laptops I almost always get the error that all networked drives couldn't reconnect. If I give it 20 seconds or so I can open Windows Explorer, click on the drive with the red "X", and it opens right up. Then I can go over to any other apps that might need access and they reconnect.

Is there a way to delay the reconnect process for a bit or any other solution to this?

Thank-you!

:)

brucemc777, Aug 5, 2015

2. could not reconnect all network drives in win. 10

could not reconnect all network drives in win. 10

JackieSartain, Aug 5, 2015
  3. could not reconnect all network drives in win. 10

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

Based on the description, the issue may be due to the network driver is outdated. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting method and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would recommend you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to update network adaptor driver. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.

• Right click on the adaptor device
      and click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Can not reconnect network drives on startup, but can in a few moments

1. Can not reconnect network drives on startup, but can in a few moments - Similar Threads - reconnect network drives

2. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  3. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  4. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  6. mapped network drives not reconnecting

mapped network drives not reconnecting: I have a NAS box with folders mapped as X, Y, Z. Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630 I've followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 The drives still fail to connect....
  7. Error reconnecting network drives

Error reconnecting network drives: I tried several of the fixes posted including the one by Andre for Directly on July 11th 2018, to reconnect my WD My Cloud drive. This was a bit out of date but I seemed to get through yet no reconnection. This seems to have been a constant problem with Windows since...
  8. a network drive will not reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a network drive will not reconnect: I cannot reconnect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-network-drive-will-not-reconnect/9208f7b9-da0b-4542-b1b4-f5831b1fab30
  9. How to reconnect disconnected network drives

How to reconnect disconnected network drives: I have an Epson XP-850 printer which used to show 2 network drives in Explorer: USB storage (I think this is where it stores printing jobs) with drive letter Y, and the card reader with drive letter Z. The card reader is now missing entirely, and drive Y has a red cross in...
  10. Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup

Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup: Well I thought I had this problem solved! I had the same exact issue running Windows 7 so I upgraded to 10. It worked for a few times and now each time I restart, the 3 mapped drives I have show the dreaded RED X. This pc worked perfectly prior to me installing a new Samsung...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is there a program that can reconnect X: and Y: drives in windows 10