Windows 10: Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,I had a virus on my laptop and reinstalled the computer. When done the computer asked for my Microsoft login instead of the pin. The password I had... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Christiaan Hunter, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop

Hi,I had a virus on my laptop and reinstalled the computer. When done the computer asked for my Microsoft login instead of the pin. The password I had did not work. On recovering the password I was requested to fill a "recovery form". This failed 2 twice. The Microsoft account is with my fathers company domain and email system, not hotmail. And I only use the account to log into Windows 10 on my laptop. I do not use skype or hotmail or xbox. I feel like the recovery form system is forgetting that my email address is secure as it is a separate system and it should email that address. Also I thi

:)

Christiaan Hunter, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Kari Win User
    Help Removing Microsoft Account login

I am not sure if you want to switch to a local account instead of your Microsoft account, or if you want to keep your Microsoft account but login automatically instead of having to type the password.

See these tutorials:

4. Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop

Windows 10 Can't Login to Microsoft Account

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to try signing in to account.live.com on another device and verify the account is in a good state.

Step 2:

Login in to another user account and try logging in to Windows Store and check.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to perform an automatic repair on your computer and check if it helps.

If you need an installation media, I suggest you to download and create the installation media using the follow Microsoft link, which contains the Windows 10 ISO file.

http://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

Method 1: Automatic Repair.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
      • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop

1. Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - recover Microsoft account

2. Can not login to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not login to my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...
  3. Can not login to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not login to my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...
  4. Can not login on my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not login on my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...
  5. Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop: Hi,I had a virus on my laptop and reinstalled the computer. When done the computer asked for my Microsoft login instead of the pin. The password I had did not work. On recovering the password I was requested to fill a "recovery form". This failed 2 twice. The Microsoft...
  6. Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop

Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop: Hi,I had a virus on my laptop and reinstalled the computer. When done the computer asked for my Microsoft login instead of the pin. The password I had did not work. On recovering the password I was requested to fill a "recovery form". This failed 2 twice. The Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft not sending me verification code to recover account for laptop login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft not sending me verification code to recover account for laptop login: My laptop has asked me to verify my email and it will send a code. It is the correct email but it is not sending any codes. I've been locked out of my laptop for a week....
  8. Microsoft not sending me verification code to recover account for laptop login

Microsoft not sending me verification code to recover account for laptop login: My laptop has asked me to verify my email and it will send a code. It is the correct email but it is not sending any codes. I've been locked out of my laptop for a week....
  9. Microsoft not sending me verification code to recover account for laptop login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Message to recover account on login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Message to recover account on login: I don't know if one thing has anything to do with the other, but ever since the update on 1/10, KB4056887, I've already had two incidents of having to "recover my account." It's a good thing I have two computers so I can receive that code on my second one. Can someone...