Windows 10: Can not reset how a file type is opened.

Discus and support Can not reset how a file type is opened. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been downloading some mods for minecraft when i had to run a .jar file. I looked on the internet to figure out how to do so and followed them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorHardin, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Can not reset how a file type is opened.

I have been downloading some mods for minecraft when i had to run a .jar file. I looked on the internet to figure out how to do so and followed them, but when i went to run it and it asked how i was going to run it, i had forgot to deselect "Always use this app to open .jar files". This make it so i cant run the file properly, how do i reset this?

:)

ConnorHardin, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Notepad automatically opening when ABA file downloaded

Hi Fiona,

We suggest that you follow these steps to uncheck the Always open this type of file:

• Right click on an ABA file.
    • Hover your mouse cursor on Open with and select Choose another app.
    • Uncheck the Always open this type of file and click on
      OK
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Can not reset how a file type is opened.

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Can not reset how a file type is opened.

1. Can not reset how a file type is opened. - Similar Threads - reset file type

2. Open files of varying types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open files of varying types: Recently, in preparation for wiping my hard drive, I saved all the things on my computer that were in my document files to Google Drive and also to a thumb drive. This included Word files, pictures, and all types of things. When I was ready to reinstall from Google Drive, all...
  3. How to reset default file type.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset default file type.: I accidentally made it so .css opens in internet explorer, how do i make it go back to however .css would open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-default-file-type/9cd5b0fa-894b-4413-b993-227cb3995e89
  4. How to reset file types back to default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset file types back to default?: Hi, im curious on how to reset all file types back to default in windows 10? 178249
  5. How to Reset Apps that open files

How to Reset Apps that open files: I accidently opened a properties file with adobe photoshop and i want to change it back into the normal file it comes when you download it is there anyway i can reset how files are opened?...
  6. One application opens multiple file types. How can I change the icons for each of these types?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One application opens multiple file types. How can I change the icons for each of these types?: I use a program called Wavelab that opens and uses 4 different file types: WAV, MP3, AIF and MON. How can I change the icons for each of these file types without affecting all of the file types that are associated with Wavelab? I tried using FileTypesMan and...
  7. Open as File Type.. How to revert it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open as File Type.. How to revert it?: I am downloading some mods for a game, and now some of the files are opening with Photoshop.. Can someone tell me the settings page where i can revert this? submitted by /u/Karakolev [link] [comments]...
  8. How can I remove the always open this file type with this application?

How can I remove the always open this file type with this application?: Hi so I ran into an issue today when my friend asked me to extract assets from his unity projects that were corrupted which I knew how and had all the neccesary resources but I accidentally pressed always open this file type with this application on the app I needed but it...
  9. How to I open this type of file? Is there an app I can download that will open it, because...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to I open this type of file? Is there an app I can download that will open it, because...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rockkett [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fok3yo/how_to_i_open_this_type_of_file_is_there_an_app_i/
  10. how can I reset my type cover?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I reset my type cover?: My type cover (Surface Pro 4) stopped working a couple days ago. There was Windows update around that time, but I did not pay too close attention--I just do them. Now the type cover puts out gibberish. Some letters work while others type nothing, and still others output...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset how a file is opened windows 10

2. reset how a file is opened in windows

3. reset how file is opened