Windows 10: Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

Discus and support Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KanchanaUmesha, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID pool manager -DC3Infrastructure master -DC2We can password reset and also can create new user in AD DC2. DC2 server is working fine.But we cannot do these things with these 2 servers.DC1, DC3When we going to reset user's password , going to create a new user , below error is happening.The same password policy is configured for these 3 servers.Below is the OS version of DC 2 where errors are coming.I want to fix this issue. Could you

:)

KanchanaUmesha, Sep 24, 2022

2. Active Directory - PreHash Password While creating Users

Hi

We are trying to automate the Active Directory Deployment in cloud, as part of that we are looking to create users provided users provide us a pre-hash value of their password and using that we create users.

Key Criteria

1. The user must be able to create their own password through approachable commands, so only they know it.

2. A separate admin on a separate system must have an ability to use that hashed value to create users and set password from the hashed value.

3. The user must be able to login with their plain-text password once this is done.

4. The admin, or anyone who may intercept the hashed password, should not be able to decrypt this value through brute force for at least a few years.

Any ideas on implementing this criteria in Windows.

Regards, Veera

Nag Matukumalli, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

Active Directory User Account

Active Directory user account logs in fine on a computer that already have the user's profile but when the user logs in into a new computer that doesn't have a profile it gives user name and password incorrect. the new computer is added to the domain,
    and I have tried to reset the password but the new password only works on the computer that have a profile already and still says incorrect on the new computer.

MoffatMoswane, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

1. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory - Similar Threads - reset User's Password

2. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  3. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  4. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory: HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID pool manager -DC3Infrastructure master -DC2We can password reset and also can create new user in AD DC2. DC2 server is...
  6. user password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user password reset: Please help. My mother passed away a while ago and we can't unlock her laptop, we don't have the password and have tried everything possible but no luck, how can I disable the password or reset it to startup normally? it's urgent, we need important information and docs she...
  7. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: Saludos a tod@s. Me gustaria saber si desde Visual Basic Excel puedo hace una consulta a Active Directory Users and Computers para obtener el valor de un campo determinado como podría ser el del nombre. Espero noticias, gracias de ante mano!!!! - Greetings to all. I...
  8. Convert Active Directory user to a local user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert Active Directory user to a local user: I would like to know if it possible to convert a user from an AD to a local account on the same computer and if so how does one go about doing it? Thanks in advance....
  9. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: I have my Windows 10 display language and input keyboard language set to Swedish. I work with Windows Directory Services alot and I want the display language of Active Directory to be different than my Windows Display Language. I want to set it to English. I have tried...
  10. Active Directory User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Directory User Account: Active Directory user account logs in fine on a computer that already have the user's profile but when the user logs in into a new computer that doesn't have a profile it gives user name and password incorrect. the new computer is added to the domain, and I have tried to...