Windows 10: Can not restart to finish Windows Update install

Discus and support Can not restart to finish Windows Update install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the picture shows, the restart for pending updates is not available. Can not manually restart the machine either, ( the changes won't apply) Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeShen33, Sep 14, 2018.

1. KeShen33 Win User

Can not restart to finish Windows Update install

As the picture shows, the restart for pending updates is not available.

Can not manually restart the machine either, ( the changes won't apply)

Any help is appreciated. I am in desperate right now, this thing is so annoying. \

Can not restart to finish Windows Update install 9106be78-0291-485f-bfa3-3e1cc0b4322d?upload=true.png

:)

KeShen33, Sep 14, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 14, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can not restart to finish Windows Update install :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 14, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Can not restart to finish Windows Update install - Similar Threads - restart finish Update

2. Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish: Hey everyone. My laptop is trying to install 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375. However whenever I click to install the update my laptop keeps giving me a message that it will restart in five minutes. My laptop cannot...
  3. Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish: Hey everyone. My laptop is trying to install 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375. However whenever I click to install the update my laptop keeps giving me a message that it will restart in five minutes. My laptop cannot...
  4. Update never finish but it will continue on restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never finish but it will continue on restarting: My update runs forever and never finish. It will restart my computer multiple times and will not stop until I force shutdown my computer. I need my computer for my work so I need to finish it but as soon I check my settings the update never install. I need some Microsoft to...
  5. Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello there,I just got a new pc with 64 bit win 10 Home Ver 1709 os 16299.1127, i7 6700 @3.4GHz and after trying to update, I am getting \Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows...
  6. KB4568831 installed, but will not restart or finish update process

KB4568831 installed, but will not restart or finish update process: Windows 10 "2004" installed What I believe to be KB4568831 over night. When I let it restart this morning, it went through the post, the windows logo and rotating icon, and then the icon kept rotating for the last 7 hours. This is a self built computer with ASUS mother...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing

Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello So I got the news that Microsoft pulled the 1809 update after users missing files. My laptop already downloaded the update and giving me "Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing" in update history ! what should I do to cancel the installation ?...
  8. Requires a restart to finish installing

Requires a restart to finish installing: I have restarted my pc for many times and I have used the troubleshooter for many times.still it shows me in my update history the following.can anyone help me?? Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing...
  9. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing': Clean install of W10 and many updates are showing as 'Requiring a restart to finish installing'. Despite several restarts and full shut downs this situation remains. Windows update itself says it is up to date. 7083
  10. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing: i updated the other day, and after it was done it asked for a restart. i restarted it and when it came back up it said it needed to restart. i continued what i was doing and when i was done restarted the computer. this has been going on for several days. [img] After the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i restart when windows update hasnt finished?

2. windows update i can restart?

3. windows not installing updates on restart

4. windows restart that will not finish