Windows 10: Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe

Discus and support Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Most of the program files can not run , included regedit. my access is Administrator. Keeps prompt me can not find the file. How to solve it ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JOLINLIM, Sep 7, 2018.

1. JOLINLIM Win User

Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe

Most of the program files can not run , included regedit. my access is Administrator.

Keeps prompt me can not find the file. How to solve it ?

:)

JOLINLIM, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe

Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe

1. Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe - Similar Threads - run exe file

2. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  3. exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command: cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator I posted about it a long time ago, but I've never been able to run anything without an .exe. . . . *Huh [img] Power Shell works just fine with out an .exe, though. . . ? . 172679
  4. Restore regedit value for exe.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore regedit value for exe.: I accidentally changed tge default value for exe under regedit. This turns all the programmes and applications into exe file and makes me unable to open all the applications directly. How can i restore the default value so that I can open the applications as the default way?...
  5. All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt: I was using Blender for a project, and I tried opening its own file type in it, which is .blend, but it wasn't associated with that application. So I went to a .blend file's properties, and choose the app blender.exe for it to be opened in. Guess what, every program's icon...
  6. Can not run .exe file. chrome setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not run .exe file. chrome setup: I need to install chrome so when i go to chrome.google.com i download the For Windows 10/8.1/8/7 64-bit. Once it downloads i open it, my cursor shows the loading symbol, but it never opens. any ideas on why?...
  7. unable to run *.exe files

unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  8. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. exe files and regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...
  10. .exe file wont run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193