Windows 10: Can not run as admin .

Discus and support Can not run as admin . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At cmd prompt : C:Users\*****PC >sfc /scannow Can not run ,not recognized as admin ????? My account is registered as Local user /admin. Have had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Oldhead, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Oldhead Win User

Can not run as admin .

At cmd prompt : C:Users\*****PC >sfc /scannow

Can not run ,not recognized as admin ?????
    My account is registered as Local user /admin.
    Have had no problems installing or deleting apps /programs prior to installing the latest win10 updates and CU updates dated 2 days ago.
    64bit Pro 1909 Ver

:)

Oldhead, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Can not run as admin .

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Can not run as admin .

1. Can not run as admin . - Similar Threads - run admin

2. When I run powershell as an admin I'm getting the following when running commands.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I run powershell as an admin I'm getting the following when running commands.: PS C:\windows\system32> dism/online/cleanup-image/checkhealth dism/online/cleanup-image/checkhealth : The term 'dism/online/cleanup-image/checkhealth' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if...
  3. When I run powershell as an admin I'm getting the following when running commands.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I run powershell as an admin I'm getting the following when running commands.: PS C:\windows\system32> dism/online/cleanup-image/checkhealth dism/online/cleanup-image/checkhealth : The term 'dism/online/cleanup-image/checkhealth' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if...
  4. I keep getting a system 5 error when I am running the cmd as an admin, when I have admin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting a system 5 error when I am running the cmd as an admin, when I have admin...: I want to run the command "net start sppsvc" but everytime I try to run it as an administrator, I get a system 5 error, saying it cannot run. I am trying to do this because my computer is saying I do not have the licensing to run Windows, with the error code 0xC004F012, and...
  5. I keep getting a system 5 error when I am running the cmd as an admin, when I have admin...

I keep getting a system 5 error when I am running the cmd as an admin, when I have admin...: I want to run the command "net start sppsvc" but everytime I try to run it as an administrator, I get a system 5 error, saying it cannot run. I am trying to do this because my computer is saying I do not have the licensing to run Windows, with the error code 0xC004F012, and...
  6. "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin": Hi I'm working with a windows 10 system, but recently I found right clicking some of my files does not have "Run as Admin" option, instead it says "take ownership" I wonder what's wrong with this...
  7. "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin": Hi I'm working with a windows 10 system, but recently I found right clicking some of my files does not have "Run as Admin" option, instead it says "take ownership" I wonder what's wrong with this...
  8. "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin"

9. Why do I have to run all programs as admin for them to work? Also have to run file explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to run all programs as admin for them to work? Also have to run file explorer...: I have recently reset my PC and cleared my drives as I had too much junk everywhere. After a clean install, I have been having this problem with installing programs, creating folders, etc:I have to run all programs as admin for them to work. I also have to run file explorer...
  10. Why do I have to run all programs as admin for them to work? Also have to run file explorer...

Why do I have to run all programs as admin for them to work? Also have to run file explorer...: I have recently reset my PC and cleared my drives as I had too much junk everywhere. After a clean install, I have been having this problem with installing programs, creating folders, etc:I have to run all programs as admin for them to work. I also have to run file explorer...