Windows 10: Can not save a .txt file

Discus and support Can not save a .txt file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to "save" or "save as" a .txt file created by someone else received as part of a download. Windows 10 Pro keeps telling me I need Administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LarryWilliamsfsx, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Can not save a .txt file

Trying to "save" or "save as" a .txt file created by someone else received as part of a download. Windows 10 Pro keeps telling me I need Administrator permission to do the save. I am the only person using this computer and I am the Administrator. The only permission I do not have is "Special Permission". What is that? Is the problem because someone else created the file? I doubt it.I have no problem saving Microsoft 365 files created by other people.Would very much appreciate some assistance.Thanks,Larry Williams

:)

LarryWilliamsfsx, Jun 12, 2021
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Can not save a .txt file

Find a word in a lot txt files

beats me. but it is faster using grep. what's more, in a business if you were scan through tens of thousands of documents the time saved would really add up. just saying.

the OP has a bunch of txt files and he is trying to avoid doing what you suggested because it takes forever when youve got a bunch of files.

Easy Rhino, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Can not save a .txt file

1. Can not save a .txt file - Similar Threads - save txt file

2. Trying to search for .txt file

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to search for .txt file: Hi folks, Windows 10 64 bit sys I am in dire need of everyones help please! A couple years back I created a .txt file on my pc, now trouble is that I forgot the name of the file and I forgot where I put it. Im just after some ways I can try search my entire PC effectively...
  3. Txt file not converting into cmd file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Txt file not converting into cmd file: Hi guys! I have a problem converting a txt file into cmd file. I renamed it name.cmd and the file stayed in txt format. I cant save it as a cmd format... it just doesnt save! Any idea how to fix it? submitted by /u/bottle_one_bg [link] [comments]...
  4. Debug file TXT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file TXT: [1011/110901.130:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Every time I open a pdf file via Microsoft edge, I get this debug file. I tried deleting it but it comes up again when I open the pdf. When I am reading through...
  5. Debug. Txt desktop file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Debug. Txt desktop file: So, i was using my laptop yesterday and came upon a suspicious looking file on my desktop named “Debug.txt” I decided not to open it as I suspect it is a virus. I ran multiple Windows Defender scans and nothing showed up. I have not downloaded anything of late and therefore...
  6. Corrupted .TXT Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted .TXT Files?: I don't want to add unnecessary details, so I will keep this simple. A friend created a .7z archive and password protected it with a long password. He saved this password int a .txt file but lost that txt file and didn't know how to recover it. He simply kept the archive...
  7. txt file working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    txt file working: working a txt file and saved. When working next txt file show history that enable quick opening a file saved previously I m using Windows 10, after last update i do not see this feature showing last saved files in .txt kindly help how can i bring back this feature...
  8. print/save as .txt explorer search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print/save as .txt explorer search results: Good Day all I'm hoping there is a way to save what explorer finds into a text file or even excel. i have a bunch of music scaterd on a few drives and would like to know what is where and sort out dupes all help is greatly appreciated I was able to do it with tree...
  9. Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file: Ok I am a bit stuck here as I need to save a very large csv file to a txt file that has a certain format for it to be used in another application as an import file, I will attach the sample csv files here My sheet will look like this [img] And the saved txt file...
  10. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...