Windows 10: Can not save a .txt file

Discus and support Can not save a .txt file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to "save" or "save as" a .txt file created by someone else received as part of a download. Windows 10 Pro keeps telling me I need Administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LarryWilliamsfsx, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Can not save a .txt file

Trying to "save" or "save as" a .txt file created by someone else received as part of a download. Windows 10 Pro keeps telling me I need Administrator permission to do the save. I am the only person using this computer and I am the Administrator. The only permission I do not have is "Special Permission". What is that? Is the problem because someone else created the file? I doubt it.I have no problem saving Microsoft 365 files created by other people.Would very much appreciate some assistance.Thanks,Larry Williams

:)

LarryWilliamsfsx, Jun 12, 2021
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Can not save a .txt file

Find a word in a lot txt files

beats me. but it is faster using grep. what's more, in a business if you were scan through tens of thousands of documents the time saved would really add up. just saying.

the OP has a bunch of txt files and he is trying to avoid doing what you suggested because it takes forever when youve got a bunch of files.

Easy Rhino, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Can not save a .txt file

1. Can not save a .txt file - Similar Threads - save txt file

2. TXT FILES PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TXT FILES PROBLEM: Hello there my SSD disk broken from power suply and i had another one. I put the new one and i put the windows 10 i had buy.I let windows to update many times now and after 2 weeks i opened some txt files i had in second disk but the outcome is that i cant read it. I suppose...
  3. TXT FILES PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TXT FILES PROBLEM: Hello there my SSD disk broken from power suply and i had another one. I put the new one and i put the windows 10 i had buy.I let windows to update many times now and after 2 weeks i opened some txt files i had in second disk but the outcome is that i cant read it. I suppose...
  4. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  5. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  6. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Debug file TXT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file TXT: [1011/110901.130:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Every time I open a pdf file via Microsoft edge, I get this debug file. I tried deleting it but it comes up again when I open the pdf. When I am reading through...
  8. Corrupted .TXT Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted .TXT Files?: I don't want to add unnecessary details, so I will keep this simple. A friend created a .7z archive and password protected it with a long password. He saved this password int a .txt file but lost that txt file and didn't know how to recover it. He simply kept the archive...
  9. Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file

Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file: Ok I am a bit stuck here as I need to save a very large csv file to a txt file that has a certain format for it to be used in another application as an import file, I will attach the sample csv files here My sheet will look like this [img] And the saved txt file...
  10. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...