Windows 10: can not save to downloads folder!

Discus and support can not save to downloads folder! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Home 20H2 19042.928I've moved downloads, documents, etc from the "users" folder to their own folders on D: and E: drives as described... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnerrington1, Apr 23, 2021.

1. can not save to downloads folder!

Windows Home 20H2 19042.928I've moved downloads, documents, etc from the "users" folder to their own folders on D: and E: drives as described herehttps://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-change-the-location-of-user-folders-in-windows-10/All of a sudden when I try to download a file I get this message. I'm an administrator and the premissions are set like this. Any answers?

:)

johnerrington1, Apr 23, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 23, 2021
  4. can not save to downloads folder!

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

can not save to downloads folder!

1. can not save to downloads folder! - Similar Threads - save downloads folder

2. Default download folder - fault - New documents will save to:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default download folder - fault - New documents will save to:: I can't change the default download setting for files in Win11.Its stuck on C folder.All documents I download go there.There are no options when I try to change the default folder.Anyone know how I can fix this?Thanks...
  3. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder: So 2 days ago I extraced a Windows 11 ISO package to my downloads folder with DISM++.after that i don't want the extraced files anymore however the 5 folders from the ISO cannot be deleteted, it shows me that i need "COMPUTERNAME/ADMINISTRATORS" permission to even process any...
  4. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder: So 2 days ago I extraced a Windows 11 ISO package to my downloads folder with DISM++.after that i don't want the extraced files anymore however the 5 folders from the ISO cannot be deleteted, it shows me that i need "COMPUTERNAME/ADMINISTRATORS" permission to even process any...
  5. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!: Recently purchased Lenovo ThinkBook laptop, that came with Win10 Pro. Noticed that whenever I find an interesting image, picture, photo, doc, etc. while on Google Search, and I click "save". The saved item doesn't show up in the usual folders as in old PCs I had as these...
  7. Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date: I'm not sure what happened but usually I can download pics from sd card and they go to a folder with the date. Now each pic is saved individually. How can I get it back to the way it was before....
  8. can not access Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    can not access Downloads folder: Guys, I can not access Downloads folder,getting following error message )on the image below). How can I resolve this? 154199
  9. Saving files and download in one folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving files and download in one folder: Hi guys, it is possible to always save and download in one folder windows 10? 123933
  10. View settings not saved for special folders (desktop, download..)

in Windows 10 Support
    View settings not saved for special folders (desktop, download..): Hi everyone, I've made the switch to Windows 10 for about a week or so now. So far almost everything is working just as I wanted, except some sorting annoyances with File Explorer. For unknown reasons, file sort settings for special folders like Desktop, Documents,...