Windows 10: Can not save to network drive, permissions denied

Discus and support Can not save to network drive, permissions denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Another problem out of nowhere. A USB stick on a Linksys router used as a network drive. Suddenly, can not save to the drive, and PC says "permission... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by khl, Mar 2, 2019.

1. KHL
    khl Win User

Can not save to network drive, permissions denied

Another problem out of nowhere.

A USB stick on a Linksys router used as a network drive.

Suddenly, can not save to the drive, and PC says "permission denied."

Can find no way to change permissions.

Get error message: "An error occured while applying security information - failed to enumerate objects in the container, Access is denied."

Checked online and no suggestions work.

Router firmware does not need updating.

Power cycling router makes no difference.

Switching USB ports on the router makes no difference.

USB stick has plenty of empty space.

32-bit Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316 3 GB RAM.

:)

2. Permissions to save updated files denied

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to perform the below given steps and check if it resolve the permission issue.

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.
    • Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
      Advance tab.
    • Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>
    • Owner should also be "SYSTEM"
    • Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"
    • If not, Add the user you are logged in as.
    • All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
      importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"
    • Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able to save to that folder
      and all sub-folders
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Permission denied

Hi,

The permission denied error normally appears if you are not using the admin account to run a specific program. To help us identify the appropriate solution to your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you running the program as administrator when the error appeared?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Can you please show us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Can not save to network drive, permissions denied

Permissions to save updated files denied

I log on with my windows 10 account password. I can access Photoshop, Picasa and the windows 10 new Photos and make updates, however when I try to save I receive a permission denied and have administrator unlock file or grant permission. I have admin authority.
    If I access the apps with logon as Administrator I can save the changes. How can I get universal permission to all photo files?

KarenGingell, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Can not save to network drive, permissions denied

1. Can not save to network drive, permissions denied - Similar Threads - save network drive

2. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  3. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  4. Permission denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Access denied or lack permission on a private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied or lack permission on a private network: My home network consists of one laptop and one desktop. Same local passwords on both, and are registered with the same MS live account. There are no restrictions, and mutual access is without passwords. The laptop is version 2004 and this works well and the desktop is still...
  6. Permissions denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  7. Permissions denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  8. Can not save to network drive, permissions denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not save to network drive, permissions denied: Another problem out of nowhere. A USB stick on a Linksys router used as a network drive. Suddenly, can not save to the drive, and PC says "permission denied." Can find no way to change permissions. Get error message: "An error occured while applying security information -...
  9. Can not save to network drive, permissions denied

Can not save to network drive, permissions denied: Another problem out of nowhere. A USB stick on a Linksys router used as a network drive. Suddenly, can not save to the drive, and PC says "permission denied." Can find no way to change permissions. Get error message: "An error occured while applying security information -...
  10. No permission to save to D:\ drive

No permission to save to D:\ drive: I know this question has been asked before, but none of those answers have been able to help me. I have a C:\ drive and a D:\ drive on my computer. For some reason, my computer decided that the much smaller C:\ drive would be the better option to save things to. Now my C:\ is...