Windows 10: Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list

Discus and support Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently the Windows defender on my PC gave me a notification about a StopCrypt.MYK!MTB ransomware virus which has been moved into quarantine. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VishalNagar43, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list

Recently the Windows defender on my PC gave me a notification about a StopCrypt.MYK!MTB ransomware virus which has been moved into quarantine. The problem is that whenever click on remove the system gives me a notification that Remediation Incomplete.I tried to just scan the system32 folder through custom scan but it turns out that system32 folder with Programdata folder have been moved into the Exclusion list of windows defender and are automatically skipped from virus scan.Another problem is that i am not able to remove these folders from the Exclusion list.

:)

VishalNagar43, Jul 13, 2022

2. Windows Defender Antivirus Scan exclusions

If there is anything in Windows Defender Exclusion list, then it won't be scan and if it is malicious program, it won't detect.

It is better to remove all programs from exclusion list (if you didn't add them) and run a full system scan with Windows Defender.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 13, 2022
  3. Exclusions

An exclusion is a way to keep (deny) certain files and/or folders from being scanned by your anti-virus or anti-malware scanner. This is typically accomplished by changing settings...adding a file or folder to the software's exclusion
    list so the scanning engine will ignore it. Reasons for excluding a file are to prevent potential conflicts with your anti-virus, eliminate

false positive
    detection's of a legitimate file and to speed up the scanning process.

quietman7 - MVP, Jul 13, 2022
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list

1. Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list - Similar Threads - scan system32 folder

2. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.: There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line....
  3. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.: There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line....
  4. Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list: Recently the Windows defender on my PC gave me a notification about a StopCrypt.MYK!MTB ransomware virus which has been moved into quarantine. The problem is that whenever click on remove the system gives me a notification that Remediation Incomplete.I tried to just scan the...
  5. Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not scan system32 folder for viruses as it's in the exclusion list: Recently the Windows defender on my PC gave me a notification about a StopCrypt.MYK!MTB ransomware virus which has been moved into quarantine. The problem is that whenever click on remove the system gives me a notification that Remediation Incomplete.I tried to just scan the...
  6. A virus/unwanted exclusion?

A virus/unwanted exclusion?: Can somebody help me? I've been stuck with this thing forever, it's a unwanted exclusion that I can't even remove. When I try to scan, it kept skipping some files just because of this thing....
  7. System32 Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System32 Virus: Hello, I got a virus from a suspicious site after I tried to install a game on my computer. I disabled windows defender so I could extract the file and then I realized it was a virus.I used windows defender later Malwarebytes in the hope that they would be able to remove the...
  8. Exclusion folder and Aggressive Anti-Virus

Exclusion folder and Aggressive Anti-Virus: I can't exclude folder or drives from the Exclusion list anymore. When I try to run some .exe files, I'm told that Windows won't run them because of suspected virus found. How do I turn this stuff off? I want to run what ever file I want and not have Windows overrule me....
  9. Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender: Hey guys, I have a folder that I am using for a programming class provided by my instructor, however Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. He advised me that there is a way to prevent windows defender from scanning it, however I myself couldn't figure out how to add...
  10. Viruses can mark themselves to Exclusion List of Windows Defender

Viruses can mark themselves to Exclusion List of Windows Defender: What i have noted using Windows Defender is that viruses can easily mark themselves in EXCEPTION LIST. This needs to be fixed. Normally Windows asks for permission for performing any critical actions but no such permission is asked but still viruses makes them to the...