Windows 10: Can not send mail or verify account

Discus and support Can not send mail or verify account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting a message asking me to sign-in and verify my Outlook account when trying to send email using the Windows desktop Mail app. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clark Stevens, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Can not send mail or verify account

I keep getting a message asking me to sign-in and verify my Outlook account when trying to send email using the Windows desktop Mail app.

This is extremely bothersome for me because I am blind and it’s difficult trying to complete the audio or sighted challenge.

What’s even more frustrating is that there is no way for me to verify the code using a cell phone. Even if I had a cell phone (which I don’t) there would be no way for me to read the text message.

There is no alternative provided. So much for accessibility!

:)

Clark Stevens, Jun 27, 2019

2. Prompting for verifying the account on Windows 10.

Hi Eddie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that we can not send the verification email of live mail to Outlook.com account. The verification email will be send to the particular email address.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "verify my account", are you trying to verify old live mail address on the computer? Are you trying to verify the device in the user account settings of Windows 10?
    • When you say that "I sign in to my Microsoft account with my outlook.com e mail and password", are you signed in as Outlook.com account or Live mail address on the computer? Which account is configured as user account on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article as a reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...fy-an-email-address-in-your-microsoft-account

Please get back to us with an update on issue with verifying email account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Jun 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Can not send mail or verify account

Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Can not send mail or verify account

1. Can not send mail or verify account - Similar Threads - send mail verify

2. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  3. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  4. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Verify e-mail not sending

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify e-mail not sending: I'm having an issue with my account regarding the verification system. I've tried to log into my Microsoft account for a few weeks now & I'm always asked for a verification code that is supposed to come through my e-mail that's attached to the account & it never comes. I've...
  6. mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive

mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive: mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive. What is the remedy? thanks jp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailoutlook-mail/8fd6a777-8d82-4ca3-9c0a-cb090ddac574
  7. cannot send or receive messaggs to verify my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot send or receive messaggs to verify my account: cannot receive or receive emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-messaggs-to-verify-my/6e517ccd-244d-4a85-83c8-bb7676ca50ab
  8. Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012: I receive and send emails using Windows Live Mail 2012. Those emails are first received at aol.com, then forwarded to my Windows Live Mail 2012 program. As of yesterday, I've been able to send outgoing emails, but no longer receive incoming emails. When I visit my account at...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app: Can not send mail or verify account

Windows 10 Mail app: Can not send mail or verify account: I keep getting a message asking me to sign-in and verify my Outlook account when trying to send email using the Windows desktop Mail app. This is extremely bothersome for me because I am blind and it’s difficult trying to complete the audio or sighted challenge. What’s...
  10. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...