Windows 10: Can not set Pin anymore - change registry?

Discus and support Can not set Pin anymore - change registry? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the settings is no option to set a Pin for sign in. I'm not sign in with an exchange account. I insert GoogleDrive to my Explorer with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeteRobin_47, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Can not set Pin anymore - change registry?

PeteRobin_47, Feb 13, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

Hi, suggestions:
    1. Disable Fast startup.
    How do I enable or disable fast startup?

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

2. There have been cases where an old version 3rd party program has caused settings to revert on rebooting. E.g. winzip, albeit when setting file type association defaults.
    3. Registry permissions problems.
    You could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, selecting only the relevant registry permissions repair.

You might also compare results when working in Safe Mode.

For more: Google search
    registry change revert on reboot
    gives many results.

dalchina, Feb 13, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Can not set Pin anymore - change registry?

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

To resolve your concern, follow the steps below to manually set up PIN:

Step 1: Modifying TPM Value

• Type regedit on the Ask me anything bar to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to Hive key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\TPM
    • Double click OSManageAuthLevel to change DWORD value to 4, and then hit
      OK.
    • Once done, proceed to step 2.

Step 2: Creating DWORD value

• Type regedit on the Ask me anything bar to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to Hive key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
    • Right-click on the blank page , and then choose
      New > DWORD (32 bit) Value.
    • Change the name New Value #1 to AllowDomainPINLogon.
    • Double-click AllowDomainPINLogon
      and set the value to 1, and then hit OK.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
    • Try setting up a PIN.

Let us know if the above solution works for you.

Rey Bel1, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Can not set Pin anymore - change registry?

1. Can not set Pin anymore - change registry? - Similar Threads - set Pin anymore

2. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do? please someone answer me, urgent....
  3. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  4. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  5. Can the Dark settings default font Darkish grey be changed in the Registry?

Can the Dark settings default font Darkish grey be changed in the Registry?: I've spent about three hours with "Google Bard" on this; it has little or no idea and I currently - on this site in the Question dialog box have a black font on a very dark grey background which reverts to what looks like the default Dark mode medium grey when I tab out; I...
  6. Can the Dark settings default font Darkish grey be changed in the Registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the Dark settings default font Darkish grey be changed in the Registry?: I've spent about three hours with "Google Bard" on this; it has little or no idea and I currently - on this site in the Question dialog box have a black font on a very dark grey background which reverts to what looks like the default Dark mode medium grey when I tab out; I...
  7. Can I change this setting to 2 seconds within the Registry?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change this setting to 2 seconds within the Registry?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Too-Optimistic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/geqvfz/can_i_change_this_setting_to_2_seconds_within_the/
  8. Changed registry settings, need advice

Changed registry settings, need advice: Split from this thread. Hi Davem121, I know this may not be the place to ask a question I am new here. I changed some registry settings and was wondering if I could leave the "Start" at 4 or return it to the default value. I have also mistakenly changed the "Default"...
  9. need to change registry settings

need to change registry settings: I can't set my network as metered connection. I wanna know how to set registry I am using fresh install of Windows 10 pro. I wanna know from step 1. Sorry for wrong English....
  10. Can not make registry changes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not make registry changes.: I've concluded that anyone who's search ends up here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials has probably ended up in a number of other places which make the same conclusions. I have no reason to doubt that my Nav pane...