Windows 10: Can not solve problems after Windows update

Discus and support Can not solve problems after Windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I've turned off my notebook and next day when I've turned it on, system showed me that windows has been updated. First problem which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaksymilianIurchenko, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Can not solve problems after Windows update

Hello,

yesterday I've turned off my notebook and next day when I've turned it on, system showed me that windows has been updated. First problem which I've seen was that mydesktop background picture, applications and folders changed or disappeared. I've already thought that all my data and information has been deleted but then I found on the disk C in folder Users, folder with my name and all my old folders and information in there so in C:\Users\MaksymilianIurchenko and there was my old Desktop, Documents and other folders. Then I took a look at problem why all my folders as a Desktop folder, Documents and so on has been replaced by new ones and I found that in the folderTEMP were all these"new" folders, whichwere created after update. So I've just manually replaced these new folders by my old folders which were in folder with my name. Then I've changed desktop as it was and thought that problem is solved, but then I found out that all my internet browser bookmarks were deleted I use Firefox browser. It's pity but not as big problems as thatI can't open/start most of my applications itincludes also MS applications as Photos, Microsoft Store and so on. I'm just clicking on the app icon and nothing is happened.

Please, help me with that problem because I use my notebook a lot due to online courses. The best option for me will be turn back that update and make everything how it was before that update.

Thank you.

:)

MaksymilianIurchenko, Jul 17, 2020
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Jul 17, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Can not solve problems after Windows update

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Can not solve problems after Windows update

1. Can not solve problems after Windows update - Similar Threads - solve problems update

2. solving the windows 10 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    solving the windows 10 update problem: After downloading the windows 10 22h2 update and restarting the system, the same update appears in the update center. And so it is constantly after each download...
  3. Can anyone solve this problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone solve this problem.: I am facing this error when I try to open OnVue app. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-solve-this-problem/bbae43f9-3ff0-4116-91d9-ebb5b96ff958
  4. Can anyone solve this problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone solve this problem.: I am facing this error when I try to open OnVue app. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-solve-this-problem/bbae43f9-3ff0-4116-91d9-ebb5b96ff958
  5. Solve problem after Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Solve problem after Windows 10 Update?: "No login to the account possible. This problem can often be resolved by logging out of your account and then logging in again. If you do not log out now, any files or changes you created will be lost. I've logged out more times now, but this keeps popping up on my...
  6. windows 10 updates problem solved

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 updates problem solved: Try network settings-change adapter options-rt click active adapter-properties-if the internet protocol version 6 is checked, uncheck it, reboot and do the updates. You can go back and reselect it after the updates. This works for me on 4 machines. 138335
  7. No audio after solving an update problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after solving an update problem: [ATTACH] someone pls help me and pls stick to it ive been replying to people on my question but they never respond . so yea so i had update problem which i solved with windows update assistant . after this update when ever i start my laptop when i play a audio file i...
  8. How to solve sound halt problem after Windows update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to solve sound halt problem after Windows update?: Hello. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299] I don't remember in what year it was actual but I guess about 2017. Since that time I always revert windows updates back or find information on the internet about pausing such updates. But as I...
  9. Windows update Solving problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Solving problems: I am trying to update Windows 10 and I get this error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-solving-problems/b1e1973c-acc4-41fd-8a6f-91170fad3a6a
  10. Can individual update problems be solved?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can individual update problems be solved?: After being told over and over again how I need to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 because of security concerns and keeping my computer running smoothly (which it was already doing), I did the latest update. Now my computer runs more slowly, needed to have missing...