Windows 10: Can not turn off adaptive brightness

Discus and support Can not turn off adaptive brightness in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING So I recently bought an Acer Swift 1. It has Intel UHD 605 integrated graphics. Windows 64, version 1909, build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fraidso, Mar 9, 2021.

1. fraidso Win User

Can not turn off adaptive brightness

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING

So I recently bought an Acer Swift 1. It has Intel UHD 605 integrated graphics. Windows 64, version 1909, build 18363.1379.

I don't need it to do much, so please no trash talk about its specs lol. The only issue I'm having is the adaptive brightness on the battery. I can't turn it off, and it will also cycle between bright - dark - bright again when doing something like playing solitaire.

I have done a lot of Googling and can't find a fix. It appears I am missing a lot of display options and I don't know what to do about that either.

- My brightness slider in the display options has vanished and if I search "change brightness level" in the settings and hit the option, nothing happens.
    - There's no adaptive brightness options in Intel OR Display in the power plan settings.
    - There's no Intel display options in the registry.
    - There's no display options under Microsoft in the task scheduler.
    - There's no graphics/display options on the BIOS menu.
    - Using the command prompts in the tutorial available on this forum did not fix it.
    - I came across a page that suggested changing the status of a particular service that I can no longer remember the name of, but that didn't work either.
    - Acer quick access did not help.
    - Cannot open Intel graphics control panel. When I try to open it, I get an error.
    - Intel graphics and generic PNP monitor drivers are up to date.

It's driving me nuts. I cannot find a solution to this issue, nothing I have tried works. Is there anything else I can try that might fix this or am I SOL? The only saving grace is that the brightness seems fine when using the battery, so there's that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

:)

fraidso, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Paul Black, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Logan-0 Win User
    How to turn off adaptive brightness?

Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago.

The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked.

• I've updated the graphics driver
    • rolled back said driver
    • tried looking in the BIOS (which there are no brightness settings anyway)
    • restarted the laptop
    • shut down and turned on the laptop
    • gone into power settings and turned off adaptive brightness On Battery and Plugged In
    • tried downloading a new graphics driver
    • looked into windows settings with no checkmark to disable adaptive brightness
    • turned on high video performance
    • tried to find Adaptive Brightness in services and disable it (it didn't seem to exist)
    almost everything I've seen but none have helped. the laptop is for work and entertainment and I'd like to use it at full brightness most of the time, please help.

Thank you in advance.

Logan-0, Mar 9, 2021
  4. dld44 Win User

How do I turn off adaptive brightness?

Surface Pro 6, manually updated to 2004 last week. There is now no way to turn off adaptive brightness. Seeing the screen constantly stepping brightness up or down is one of the most irritating things in the universe, and I can’t turn it off.

I've tried all the so-called solutions that I could find; none work. I had previously turned it off with the Intel Graphics Control Panel but that has been replaced with Intel Graphics Control Center, which does not provide that option. This problem appears to be related to the latest Intel display driver, which is necessary for the 2004 version. I can't roll back to a previous version because of this 2004 support. Trying to install an earlier Intel driver fails. I can uninstall the Intel display driver and the Windows default takes over with perfectly good display results, but the camera no longer works (???) and other things aren't just right. No registry changes that I've found, no group policy support, no nothing, even from here: Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

So I am considering going back to the previous version but before I do this I would like some advice:
    1. Anything to try that might have been missed?
    2. Does going back to a previous version actually work these days (2004 to 1909 or whatever the previous version is)? All the stuff to roll back is still installed.
    3. Will the roll-back get the SP6 back to the exact configuration, including drivers, that it was in before the update? I haven't changed or added any apps since the upgrade, so that won't be a problem.

dld44, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Can not turn off adaptive brightness - Similar Threads - turn off adaptive

2. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  3. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  4. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can not turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can not turn off adaptive brightness: PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING So I recently bought an Acer Swift 1. It has Intel UHD 605 integrated graphics. Windows 64, version 1909, build 18363.1379. I don't need it to do much, so please no trash talk about its specs lol. The only issue I'm having is the...
  6. Help turning off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help turning off adaptive brightness: I'm aware that there are tons of posts regarding this on the subreddit, and I have looked through them all and I have not found anything that works. Most of the tutorials I have followed online have been from several years ago and often times, the settings they change don't...
  7. Turning off adaptive brightness

Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  8. Can’t turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t turn off adaptive brightness: The feature is not in my display settings nor under display in power options. I have installed all the latest drives for both my gta 1070 and asus vg27wq submitted by /u/Bergfinn-al-Duri [link] [comments]...
  9. 1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness

1908 - Cannot turn off adaptive brightness: Really sick that this is always default on laptops. It is turned off in the intel settings but the screen brightness still changes. This is EXTREMELY frustrating as a graphics designer as i am zooming in and out of dark and light areas and the screen is constantly changing....
  10. How to turn off adaptive brightness?

How to turn off adaptive brightness?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago. The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked....