Windows 10: can not type password at login

Discus and support can not type password at login in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since a recent update not all keys work on my keyboard so I can not type my log in password. A and e show as á and é and certain keys like m don't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisWebb1919, Jul 18, 2021.

1. can not type password at login

Since a recent update not all keys work on my keyboard so I can not type my log in password. A and e show as á and é and certain keys like m don't work at all. The language settings show ENG US & UK but switching makes no difference. I can not click on the power button on log in screen either - is unresponsive.I have opened the on screen keyboard the Ctrl, Alt and windows keys are blue as if to show they are on all the time. It also shows the ù ì etc with no way of getting the regular keyboard back. Please help as I am out of ideas

:)

ChrisWebb1919, Jul 18, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 18, 2021
  3. donnyb Win User
    No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Jul 18, 2021
  4. can not type password at login

Cannot type password into Windows login screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better. I like to know; when you type password, are you able to view the black dots in the password area?

I suggest you to start your computer in safe and check if the same issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

can not type password at login

1. can not type password at login - Similar Threads - type password login

2. Can not type type password at UEFI log in page. Can not type when laptop boots.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not type type password at UEFI log in page. Can not type when laptop boots.: 1 My Dell laptop keyboard is blocked when it starts up Windows 10 which was upgraded from Windows 8. I sign in to my laptop using Ease of Access function by using on-screen keyboard to type password. It is annoying ; but what to do . 2 I went to the Advanced startup to access...
  3. Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login: So today I had to change my cpu cooler because the AIO pump decided to die. I've changed my cooler and when I booted the pc up, lt said something happened and my PIN can't be used anymore and had to create it again. I clicked where it says create my pin, directs me to...
  4. Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login: So today I had to change my cpu cooler because the AIO pump decided to die. I've changed my cooler and when I booted the pc up, lt said something happened and my PIN can't be used anymore and had to create it again. I clicked where it says create my pin, directs me to...
  5. Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t Type Password at the Login Screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you are on the Windows 10 login screen, and no matter how many keypresses you make, you cannot type the password!? It’s a confusing scenario, but it only means there is a problem with the keyboard. In this post, we will suggest some tips to help you fix the...
  6. can not type in password on login screen Win 10 desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can not type in password on login screen Win 10 desktop: keyboard has been working but suddenly last night and since, can not type in my login details - nothing appears in the box when I type but I can type the characters when the challenge phrase A1B2C3 is required. Using screen keyboard did not work either. Have tried...
  7. I cannot type a password to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot type a password to login: I cannot type a password to login. The box automatically fill with dots. Go to into tools for trouble shooting if I select an option is does take. If I use a prompt is will not take or automatically fills with equals signs. I cannot get in to control panel because I cannot...
  8. Login Type - Identify Password logins

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Type - Identify Password logins: Does anyone know of a way to differentiate login type? In other words: Am I able to identify when users login using a standard password, versus when they login via our multi-factor authentication? We use a MFA device with Windows 10 (1903), and it works out of the box...
  9. can't type my password on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't type my password on login screen: Good Morning, I have windows 10 home all in one pc. I have attached wireless keyboard and mouse with it. when I try to type my password it says not available. I have to press Fn and space bar many times after that I can type my password. done system restore to previous...
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....