Windows 10: can not uninstall AMD software

Discus and support can not uninstall AMD software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can not uninstall AMD software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-uninstall-amd-software/e4aef901-2ef2-412a-98a7-ec8f4d81b31c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by waynegagner, Nov 20, 2020.

1. can not uninstall AMD software

Can not uninstall AMD software

:)

waynegagner, Nov 20, 2020

2. AMD Software

What is the make & model of your system?

From what you have given and the little research I did, this pertains to your situation:

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Pro... - AMD Community

Essentially, you have an OLD chipset.

"NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver.
    Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

• Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
    • Reboot the system
    • Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU."

Shenan Stanley, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Error 182 when updating AMD Software.

You say you get error 182

This page explains the reasons and links to update the system drivers.

You may need to do a BIOS flash but this is usually graphics only issue.

Error 182 – AMD Installer Cannot Properly Identify the AMD Graphics Hardware
    Article Number: GPU-KB182
    ContentMain1

This article provides information about Error 182 when using the AMD Installer to install graphics drivers.

The contents of this article is organized into the following sections:

• Possible Cause
      • Solution​

Possible Cause

The AMD Radeon Software Package contains generic drivers that supports a wide range of AMD graphics products. A possible reason why the AMD Installer had failed to identify your graphics hardware and cannot continue installation is because it belongs in
    one of these unsupported product groups:

• AMD Embedded graphics
      • Legacy AMD graphics
      • Customized AMD graphics for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) system

Solution

If you know the model of your AMD graphics hardware, you may use the
    AMD Driver Selector
    to locate and download the appropriate driver. However, if you do not know the model of your AMD graphics hardware, please refer KB article:

How-To Identify the Manufacturer and Model of an AMD Graphics Card
    before using the AMD Driver Selector.

For customized AMD graphics, we recommend obtaining the latest driver from the OEM System Builder or Partner Manufacturer. For a list of OEMs and Partner Manufacturers, please see

AMD Partners: Add-in-Board, Original Equipment & System Builder Configurations

If you are still unable to resolve Error 182 after completing the steps outlined above and need further assistance, please contact AMD Customer Care and attach the AMD Installer log file to your service request. The AMD Installer log file is located in
    C:\Program Files\AMD\CIM\Log\Installer.log​

You need to put in your make and model of your PC and see if it has system drivers for Windows 10 OS. If so download and install all of them. But first go into device manager and uninstall the Graphics card drivers and then install what you downloaded and
    restart PC.

If it does not have your drivers for Windows 10, then still do the uninstall graphics card, restart PC and then let it install the drivers again and see if this fixes the issue.

Can you provide me with your Brand and model of your PC or laptop.

Also, Go into programs and features and see if there are any AMD graphics software such as CCC Catalyst Control Center and uninstall it.

seahawks65, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

can not uninstall AMD software

1. can not uninstall AMD software - Similar Threads - uninstall AMD software

2. I can't uninstall AMD software, it loads and loads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall AMD software, it loads and loads.: I can't uninstall AMD software, it loads and loads. I have restarted my pc and refreshed and it still loads and loads even if the driver version is visible and selected....
  3. I can't uninstall AMD software, it loads and loads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't uninstall AMD software, it loads and loads.: I can't uninstall AMD software, it loads and loads. I have restarted my pc and refreshed and it still loads and loads even if the driver version is visible and selected....
  4. I can't uninstall AMD software, it loads and loads.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Uninstalled AMD Adrenaline Software - Black screen

Uninstalled AMD Adrenaline Software - Black screen: I uninstalled the amd adrenaline software to prepare for a reinstall due to the conflicting windows driver update override and proceeded to try a fresh install of the software. After setup, the installation prompt recommended a factory reset which i confirmed and a system...
  6. Uninstalled AMD Adrenaline Software - Black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled AMD Adrenaline Software - Black screen: I uninstalled the amd adrenaline software to prepare for a reinstall due to the conflicting windows driver update override and proceeded to try a fresh install of the software. After setup, the installation prompt recommended a full factory reset which i confirmed and a...
  7. faulting amd software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    faulting amd software: I opened event viewer to see why amd is not opening and got this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edbFaulting module name: OpenCL.dll, version: 2.2.6.0, time stamp: 0x60492275Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset:...
  8. faulting amd software

faulting amd software: I opened event viewer to see why amd is not opening and got this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edbFaulting module name: OpenCL.dll, version: 2.2.6.0, time stamp: 0x60492275Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset:...
  9. AMD software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD software: AMD software was installed today. It seems legitimate but do I really need it? It takes up a lot of space. I've tried to read about it but everything I've read so far contains a lot of information and words I've never heard before....
  10. Is it okay if I uninstall AMD Radeon Graphics software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it okay if I uninstall AMD Radeon Graphics software?: I own Dell Inspiron 14 3000 Series Intel CORE i5 7th Gen. I don't play games in my laptop. I have both Intel Graphics Driver and AMDRadeon Graphics software installed in my computer. Is it okay if I uninstall AMD Radeon Graphics software? It seems it's slowing down my...