Windows 10: Can not upgrade from preview built 19582.

Discus and support Can not upgrade from preview built 19582. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the feedback I sent to Microsoft. Need help. I am on 19582 which was built in March of 2020. My system has not done any preview builds since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Grandpa_Larry, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Can not upgrade from preview built 19582.

This is the feedback I sent to Microsoft. Need help.

I am on 19582 which was built in March of 2020. My system has not done any preview builds since then. It tried to do a build to the latest preview build but failed. When 19582 was installed on my system, I don't know which preview configuration I had. I can install the latest 20H2 but with NOTHING saved. When the page "Choose what to keep" comes up, It states at the bottom " Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might be installed in a unsupported directory, or you are trying to install an older version of Windows." I need to get up to the latest preview built or 20H2. Need to keep personal files and apps. I have a Case #: 1015801814 but have not heard back. Microsoft Support said you were aware of the problem when upgrading and not being able to save the files and apps. Please I need some help. I even tried back dating my system date to try and get updated. A message now comes up saying that my build expires in July 2020. We are way past that date. I just need some feedback on what is going on in my system. I have cloned my C: drive so I can try different methods to upgrade. My original C: drive is not being touched..

Thanks for your help,

Larry

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Grandpa_Larry, Jan 22, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 22, 2021
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Can not upgrade from preview built 19582.

windows insider preview built activation.

i was free upgrade windows10 and then install windows 10 insider preview built.

PiyushSharma_99, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Can not upgrade from preview built 19582.

1. Can not upgrade from preview built 19582. - Similar Threads - upgrade preview built

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on a newly built pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on a newly built pc?: Hi guys, I just built a new pc and I want to know if its possible to use the win 7 license that I have from my old pc to activate windows 10 on my new pc. Anyone knows how I could do this, or if its even possible? Thanks. submitted by /u/pengis_m [link] [comments]...
  3. HELP PLEASE. Win10 Home Insider Preview Build 19582 broke EasyAntiCheat, final step seems...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP PLEASE. Win10 Home Insider Preview Build 19582 broke EasyAntiCheat, final step seems...: Hello all, Seems like I'll have to either roll back to older Windows 10 version, or just reinstall my current one (or install the latest dev channel update). Either way, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get EAC back online. Problem is I have several hundred gigs of...
  4. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 19582 now available - March 17

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 19582 now available - March 17: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 19582 or greater). The Preview SDK Build 19582 contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area. The Preview SDK can be...
  5. Microsoft media support pack for build 19582

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft media support pack for build 19582: Running build 19582 and just loading Cyberlink PowerDVD and it stated I need certain media support files to operate better. I went to the Microsoft site but nothing made me comfortable downloading anything since nothing was shown for any FAST RING builds. What should I do...
  6. Upgrade from preview to Creators Editon

Upgrade from preview to Creators Editon: I have been chatting with support, and they suggested that I post here. I have a cse # 147029234 Completely stumped. Can't seem to keep files during update...
  7. Upgrading windows Technical preview from 10130 to 10158

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading windows Technical preview from 10130 to 10158: Will the updates install new version or I have to download version 10158 and reinstall it? 7596
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 from wiithin built-in admin acc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 from wiithin built-in admin acc: I am beginning to think what I was told elsewhere recently may be true--that upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 FROM WITHIN THE BUILT-IN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT may do irreparable damage to the operating system. I upgraded both my laptop and main work machine a couple of...
  9. Can't upgrade from preview to final no update found

Can't upgrade from preview to final no update found: Hey guys, Installed the windows 10 preview on my IMac a while back and was upgrading fine and then it stopped updating as the updates would fail constantly, and now my IMac is still on build 10162. It was running fine but the time has come and my computer will be rendered...
  10. Upgrading to release version from preview?

Upgrading to release version from preview?: Sorry if this has been asked before, but I keep reading that the release version of W10 will update any W7 or W8 installation. What happens with a Preview version? I am running it only now, and just wonder how that update will work. Do I have to go back to W8.1? 6736