Windows 10: Can not use the app store

Discus and support Can not use the app store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I absolutely can not download anything from the Microsoft store. Every time I try, even when I am signed in under my current email, a window pops up... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JodieMcGetchie, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Can not use the app store

I absolutely can not download anything from the Microsoft store. Every time I try, even when I am signed in under my current email, a window pops up and says, you are downloading private info or something like that and it prepopulates with an email I haven't had in years and asks for the password. I can not get past this screen. I have checked my Microsoft account and my correct email is updated, my password is good and there is no indication of my old email address anywhere. I have tried so many things can anyone help me? I can not get rid of this old email.

:)

JodieMcGetchie, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can not use the app store :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Can not use the app store

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Can not use the app store

1. Can not use the app store - Similar Threads - app store

2. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  3. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  4. Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app: Hello,I have not been able to access either the Store app or the Xbox app. This is an ongoing issue for well over half a year, but recently I decided to tackle the issue.The Store app will not launch any window when clicking on the shortcut in the start menu, and the Xbox app...
  5. Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app

Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app: Hello,I have not been able to access either the Store app or the Xbox app. This is an ongoing issue for well over half a year, but recently I decided to tackle the issue.The Store app will not launch any window when clicking on the shortcut in the start menu, and the Xbox app...
  6. Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app: I can't open roblox on microsoft store. When I try to open it, it just closes about 5 to 20 seconds after I open it no matter what I do. The only way I can make it stay open is to restart my computer and then open it, but if i close it and open again, even 5 minutes after it...
  7. Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app

Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app: I can't open roblox on microsoft store. When I try to open it, it just closes about 5 to 20 seconds after I open it no matter what I do. The only way I can make it stay open is to restart my computer and then open it, but if i close it and open again, even 5 minutes after it...
  8. Microsoft Store apps install quicker now and with extra Telemetry

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store apps install quicker now and with extra Telemetry: Microsoft launched Microsoft Store installers for web over the weekend to improve Microsoft Store application installs. The feature improves the process of downloading and installing apps like Microsoft PC Manager from the Microsoft Store website, but it comes with a...
  9. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  10. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....