Windows 10: Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please...

Discus and support Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My pc suddenly won't allow me to use both monitors. I have two different monitors now, both connecting through DP to the graphics card (GTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johnatuan, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Johnatuan Win User

Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please...

Hi,

My pc suddenly won't allow me to use both monitors.

I have two different monitors now, both connecting through DP to the graphics card (GTX 1070).

The error message occurs when I try to extend both displays.

The first monitor is a 1440p (165hz) and the second monitor is a 1080p (144hz).

I have already downloaded the latest graphics driver from NVIDIA but that did not really help.

I can not either see any problems with the drivers in "Device Manager". Additionally, both in NVIDIA Control Panel and Windows Control Panel does not detect the second monitor...

However, it works fine through HDMI, but then I can only get 60hz, which is not really what I want.

Someone knows about this issue?

Cheers,

Jonathan

:)

Johnatuan, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Sudden Triple Monitor Issue - The display settings could not be saved

Okay couple of suggestions here...
    First off I'm gonna start with the basics and tell you to go to amd website and reinstall the drivers. (Remove them first)

Second I would say look and see if the monitor is faulty. Plug it into one of the other ports and obviously see if it works.

Third, I would probably go ahead and replace the card considering you have had It for 3 years. I would suggest an EVGA GTX 750 TI for about 150$

Guakamolly2, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please...

Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please...

1. Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please... - Similar Threads - monitors Error message

2. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...: This does not appear to be an uncommon problem, but I haven't found any helpful solutions yet so I'm hoping for the best here.I have a Windows 10 computer with two identical ViewSonic VP3268-4K monitors. They both work fine. I have an AMD Radeon PRO graphics card, which also...
  3. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...: This does not appear to be an uncommon problem, but I haven't found any helpful solutions yet so I'm hoping for the best here.I have a Windows 10 computer with two identical ViewSonic VP3268-4K monitors. They both work fine. I have an AMD Radeon PRO graphics card, which also...
  4. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings

The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings: The Problem:I have a desktop PC i've built myself, with a TV setup beside me, which is good for movie time, or 2 player coop playing. It has worked flawless for some years, but late last year i started getting this error ''The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A...
  6. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings: The Problem:I have a desktop PC i've built myself, with a TV setup beside me, which is good for movie time, or 2 player coop playing. It has worked flawless for some years, but late last year i started getting this error ''The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A...
  7. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try A Different Combination of Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Display settings not saving with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings not saving with multiple monitors: Hi, I have 3 monitors 1. 144hz 1080p monitor my main display 2. 1080p monitor 3. 4k 55" TV as third monitor Every other time I reboot, my display settings reset. I have the resolution on the first 2 monitors set to 1080p, and the third monitor set to 4k native....
  9. Can I Decouple Two Monitors' Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I Decouple Two Monitors' Display Settings?: I have a Lenovo 580T, Windows 10.1903; with an attached second monitor, Dell 2311H, which I had also used for my T530 running Win7. Of course I am having display issues, probably because of Win10's DPI Scaling policy. The recommended scaling is 125% for the original screen,...
  10. The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display...

The Display Settings Could Not Be Saved. Please Try a Different Combination of Display...: I have recently upgraded my computer to an i9 Core Processor running on an Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme motherboard with 64gig of ram, I'm still using an EVGA GeForce gtx 960 video board. I still have 3 Asus 4k monitors. The monitors and video card were working fine up to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 display settings could not be saved monitors

2. the display setting could not be saved fix