Windows 10: Can not verify my Identity to my computer.

Discus and support Can not verify my Identity to my computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to sync my passwords between my devices, but when attempting to, a prompt appears for me to enter a password for an account long gone. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LucasHitt1, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Can not verify my Identity to my computer.

I am trying to sync my passwords between my devices, but when attempting to, a prompt appears for me to enter a password for an account long gone. I have tried changing the password to said account, but when I try that it tells me the account no longer exists which I knew as I was the one to delete it and replace it with my current MS account. This has also affected my ability to use the MS store as when trying to install a product that I purchased through the browser version of the store, the store app then prompts me to log on to the same dead account. This is extremely frustrating and I have not found a solution that works.

:)

LucasHitt1, Sep 6, 2020

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Sep 6, 2020
  3. WWilliams Win User
    identity will not verify

my identity will not verify in my info

WWilliams, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Can not verify my Identity to my computer.

Verify your identity oln this PC

Being ask to verify my identity, since the last update - Creators Update - it no longer accept the remain letters for the email or the numbers for the mobile phone on the PC

As a result it no longer sync ...

Any suggestions?

esbkk11000, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Can not verify my Identity to my computer.

1. Can not verify my Identity to my computer. - Similar Threads - verify Identity computer

2. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  3. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  4. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I can't verify my Identity

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't verify my Identity: I can log into my account just fine in the Microsoft website. and I already logged into the Microsoft Store. However, when I was trying to download an app in the Store, it asked me to verify my identity yet again. I put my password and it says the password is wrong, but it's...
  6. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  7. Cannot verify my identity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot verify my identity: In windows 10, I cannot verify my identity in the "Your Info" tab under settings in Windows 10 because that account email doesn't exist. I have a Microsoft account but when I try to enter that information to verify I get the error "An illegal state change was requested"...
  8. I cannot VERIFY my identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot VERIFY my identity: My email accounts in Mail need to be fixed, including Outlook, but when I try I get 'something went wrong' and 'Pin not available'. Then I get asked to VERIFY my identity, but I cannot do that either. When I try to get a security code sent , either to my designated phone...
  9. Can't verify my identity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't verify my identity: On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices" with a "Verify" button below, but, when I click on the "Verify" button, a popup appears, briefly says "Just a moment",...
  10. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...