Windows 10: Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10

Discus and support Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I click on Notepad, I first see this much. [ATTACH] The thick black line is the top of my horizontal bottom bar. My only options are to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taffy087, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10

When I click on Notepad, I first see this much.

Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10 5995bf89-f0e4-4d69-97d8-d4aaf8793d9e?upload=true.png

The thick black line is the top of my horizontal bottom bar.

My only options are to minimise, maximise or close it.

As recently as November 2017, I could increase its size by dragging it using the arrows.

Why was it changed? Is there a workaround?

[It's not really a Performance Failure - would a Moderator please move this to the appropriate forum. TIA]

P.S. Bing told me that "notepad++" is what I need and that it's available from the Microsoft Store. I clicked on Microsoft Store and after transferring me to the UK Store it told me that I haven't a device connected. How else would I have connected with the Store. Yet another problem to be resolved!

:)

Taffy087, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Cds47 Win User

Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

Hi,

Let's have this verified. Have you made any changes or performed any Windows updates recently? If yes, we suggest that you run the
    Automated Windows Updates Troubleshooter to diagnose and address the problem.

By the way, when you encountered this issue, were you logged in as an administrator? If not, then let's open Notepad as Administrator. Follow these steps:

• Click on the Windows Key.
    • Type Notepad in the search box.
    • When Notepad appears, right-click it and select Run as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10

notepad

Hi,

Based on the information that you've provided, it seems that there are changes made on the Notepad application settings.

For us to provide the best resolution possible, please clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the weird symbols?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10

1. Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10 - Similar Threads - Notepad made bigger

2. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  3. Tab Stops in Notepad for Win10 and Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab Stops in Notepad for Win10 and Win11: I have created a *.txt in Win11 using TabStops.My collegue is using Win10 and continues editing.After his work, the document looks very strange.I found out, Win11 uses 5 Space but Win10 uses 8.Can someone confirm that behavior?How can i adjust the tab width in Win10 or Win11...
  4. Tab Stops in Notepad for Win10 and Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tab Stops in Notepad for Win10 and Win11: I have created a *.txt in Win11 using TabStops.My collegue is using Win10 and continues editing.After his work, the document looks very strange.I found out, Win11 uses 5 Space but Win10 uses 8.Can someone confirm that behavior?How can i adjust the tab width in Win10 or Win11...
  5. Bigger Font . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bigger Font . . .: I followed the instruction. "Make text bigger"After, increasing it. Much bigger. I don't see it anywhere?How do I increase, the text size.When I, right click with my mouse.And the box opens. You can select. Save as, or any other pick.I bet, if I could get. That text...
  6. Someone actually made a program using the Notepad?

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone actually made a program using the Notepad?: Hi i am kinda new on all of the programing stuff and 4-5 days ago i learned that you actually can make some stuff in notepad using BATCH the old MS DOS scripts! but i have a little issue with it how could I schedule a question and have 2 different answers? for example A man...
  7. Bigger text

Bigger text: I'm running windows 10 and need to make the text bigger but when I go to settings I dont see Ease of Access, so how do I make them biger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bigger-text/032c5c7d-b16e-4cb5-bfb0-ef3e7725fa5f
  8. Self made file in Notepad.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Self made file in Notepad.: Greetings, I just noticed in my Documents list a file called "Duplicate Files". I didn't make that file and I'm the only one who uses this Laptop computer. I opened the file and that's when I found that approximately 300 duplicate files were saved in Notepad. Why Notepad and...
  9. Get Bigger

Get Bigger: How can I make this normal again? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-bigger/44ed9915-248e-4cbc-a925-7daa6f77899f
  10. Ctrl + Home/End Not Working Notepad Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + Home/End Not Working Notepad Win10: Installed Win10 on my PC. Everything works perfect except this. I use my notepad a lot and would really like to get this straightened out. As of now: Ctrl + Home goes to the front of my current line. Ctrl + End goes the the end of my current line. It should take me to...