Windows 10: Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month...

Discus and support Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a recovery drive (a flash drive) which I created one month ago to re-install Windows 10 on my laptop. After new Windows 10 is installed, I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DAVID LIU_653, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month...

I use a recovery drive (a flash drive) which I created one month ago to re-install Windows 10 on my laptop. After new Windows 10 is installed, I can not find my ISB flash drive on any of three USB ports on the laptop but there is an error message shown on screen "something is wrong and Windows needs to restart " after I pull out my flash drive from any one of three USP ports on the laptop, which indicates three USB ports are working. After I insert my wireless mouse's transistor (short one like USB flash drive) into any one of three USB ports, my wireless mouse works. If the transistor is not be inserted into any USB port, my wireless mouse will not work. This also prove all three USB ports work. Why USB flash drive can not shown under "my PC" folder? Use troubleshooting on hardware does not fix the problem.

:)

DAVID LIU_653, Dec 11, 2018

2. Creating a Recovery Drive on USB flash Drive

I want to create a Recovery Drive on a USB Flash Drive. When I click on Recovery Media Creation, and then go to the next step, I get the message:

We cant create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC cant start, use your Windows Installation disc or media

Unquote

I don't have a Windows Installation disc, since I got a free upgrade to Windows 10. What should I do?

J. V. Adavi

J. V.Adavi, Dec 11, 2018
  3. ((John)) Win User
    Flash Drive format for creating a Recovery Drive?

Just created a Flash USB Recovery Drive which looks OK. The Dell instructions said to format the flash drive to NTFS format yet further reading on Microsoft sites say to use FAT32 format when creating the drive.

On checking the contents of the newly created Flash Recovery Drive it is FAT32 format. I'm confused as to why Dell tells me to format to NTFS and the final drive is FAT32. Can anyone throw light on this please? I'm concerned the drive may not work if I need
    to use it. Thank you.

((John)), Dec 11, 2018
  4. WizardWN Win User

Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month...

Flash Drive format for creating a Recovery Drive?

Hello,

I don't think you have to worry about FAT32 or NTFS. If you insert a USB flash drive and create a recovery drive, Windows 10 should format the USB flash drive for what you needed. Windows 10 should format automatic.

WizardWN, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month...

1. Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month... - Similar Threads - notnfind USB flash

2. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  3. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  4. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  5. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  6. Recovery Flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Flash drive: After purchasing my lenovo ideapad laptop i have created a recovery drive through a flash drive for windows 10 backup. today i have updated the BIOS of my laptop. should i create the recovery drive again or last backup will work that created before updating BIOS?...
  7. Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive

Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive: I've followed the blog about issues creating a recovery drive in Win10. I've had a flash drive plugged in for two days trying to create a recovery drive. The progress indicator green is half way through. What's the deal??? Can't you make a better product! Please advise on...
  8. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive: I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please....
  9. Recovery Flash Drive USB

Recovery Flash Drive USB: I am using a 128 GB flash drive as my Windows 10 recovery drive. It contains 2 folders EFI and sources and an XML document reagent. There are 26.2 GB free on the drive. Is it OK for me to create a folder named "Other Files" so I can use the free space on the flash drive for...
  10. Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?: Is it overkill to create both a USB Recovery drive and a bootable flash drive to install Win10? HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 320 GB HDD. 4/8 GB RAM I recently revitalized my friends HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 4 GB RAM...