Windows 10: Can one backup windows explorer metadata of folders (i.e Add Column)

Discus and support Can one backup windows explorer metadata of folders (i.e Add Column) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, my external hard drive contains hundreds of folders which is home to thousands of gameplay recordings. In every folder, I add columns: (Tags,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gedongclerk, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Can one backup windows explorer metadata of folders (i.e Add Column)

So, my external hard drive contains hundreds of folders which is home to thousands of gameplay recordings. In every folder, I add columns: (Tags, Comments, Date Modified), and re-arrange the order of the columns too in a very systematic fashion. Here's the headache: in past events where my hard drive died, or I upgraded to an ssd, or changed computers - whatever! I'd have to manually <add, re-arrange columns, view folder content as Extra Large Icons/ Details> etc. ALL over again! Is there ANY way whereby you can possibly backup the configuration of your Windows Explorer, and apply it to the Windows 10 system of a new computer? So that you can avoid configuring how Windows Explorer views folders, from the ground up again? And yes, I know the directory, hard drive letter etc. has to be the same. Additionally, is there also a way to sort of Copy Paste the viewing format of a folder to all folders of your choosing? Say, I want my Columns to be "Name, Date" only, for multiple folders that I want. 21H1

:)

gedongclerk, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 17, 2021
  3. meloneum Win User
    Can't see music metadata in Windows Explorer

I can't see the music metadata on Windows Explorer. I was trying to solve the problem using intructions from here. It doesn't work.

After installing Windows and drivers I have instlled K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and VLC. Normally, after installing those programs and rebooting of the system metadata was appearing in Explorer. I do not know what went wrong...

OS: Windows 10 Pro N 64 - may it be caused by the "N" version? I bought european version without WMP. WMP can be necessary to viev metadata?

meloneum, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Can one backup windows explorer metadata of folders (i.e Add Column)

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Can one backup windows explorer metadata of folders (i.e Add Column)

1. Can one backup windows explorer metadata of folders (i.e Add Column) - Similar Threads - backup explorer metadata

2. I can not able to add file metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not able to add file metadata: I can not able to add file metadata, just showing some properties over there rest are missing see the screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-able-to-add-file-metadata/c5048624-4944-4ca4-b7fa-0a698d944ef9
  3. I can not able to add file metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not able to add file metadata: I can not able to add file metadata, just showing some properties over there rest are missing see the screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-able-to-add-file-metadata/c5048624-4944-4ca4-b7fa-0a698d944ef9
  4. I can not able to add file metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add folder Column: ¿Has password?

Add folder Column: ¿Has password?: Hi there!Im getting crazy at one thing that i suposed to be very easy, but i cant find the answer.I have a folder with 400+ excel files / words, and some of them has password and some does not.I want to quickly identify which ones have and which one doesnt. so my question is:...
  6. Can one backup windows explorer metadata of folders (i.e Add Column)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can one backup windows explorer metadata of folders (i.e Add Column): So, my external hard drive contains hundreds of folders which is home to thousands of gameplay recordings. In every folder, I add columns: (Tags, Comments, Date Modified), and re-arrange the order of the columns too in a very systematic fashion. Here's the headache: in past...
  7. File Explorer - Folder Columns

File Explorer - Folder Columns: Until recently, less than a month ago, I was able to view the Backup Method full, differential, incremental as a column in File Explorer. That column is no longer available to add. What happened?...
  8. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  9. How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer?

How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer?: How can I associate comments with a file, and get them to appear in the File Explorer Comments column? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-comments-to-the-comments-column-on/d09e68a0-ec87-435a-bacc-bdefcab94c70"
  10. Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments: Hi, just come across this File Metadata (free) which I think will interest you- seems very competent in tagging files. At the bottom I've added a note about StyleFolder (free), which adds comments to folders. If you want to add comments, tags, metadata to files, this is...