Windows 10: Can one company use another company's license?

Discus and support Can one company use another company's license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have a situation where we contract PT and Special Ed staff from an outsourced company. In the past we deny their users who have their company owned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by James.August, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Can one company use another company's license?

We have a situation where we contract PT and Special Ed staff from an outsourced company. In the past we deny their users who have their company owned laptops access to our network resources. So they cannot print or access our web based services. Sometimes we issue laptops to certain members of their staff our laptops so only a few can print for IEP and Special Ed legal reasons.

Now an agreement was made behind the scenes, that all the sudden we have to Image and prep Their laptops with our Licensed images to allow their laptops to gain access to our network to print and use our Educational Software and web services.

So far every machine we've imaged/prepped has come up with the Activate Windows message in the background image.

Our own systems don't do this. Just theirs.

Is it legal for one company to use another company's license? We have and maintain a Volume license system with Microsoft. I feel that there is a conflict of interest/ownership.

Any advice that I can pass along to our Boss's would be great.

Thanks,

-James.August

:)

James.August, Jun 25, 2020
  2. JPZAVG Win User

Microsoft Licensing for a Development Company

For a Host Server in a development company, what is the correct way to license the server?

The scenario would be that the company wants to purchase a Hyper-V Host Server. This Server will have a total of 32 cores running Server 2016 Standard. The company wants to add/remove VM's on a constant basis for development and testing purposes for various
    clients. Their line of business is to develop and test applications, often using SQL and so on.

I would say the Host server is considered production in their environment and all cores must be licensed once. However the VM's are for development only and no additional Server/Core licensing is required for those VM's as they are not permanent, not constantly
    turned on etc... at all. Correct?

JPZAVG, Jun 25, 2020
  3. barbu_00 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade on the company computers

Hello,

Right now we have Windows 7 installed on our company laptops and desktops and we would like to upgrade to Windows 10.

Until 29July I see that there is the availability to upgrade for free to it.

I did some research on this subject but for the below questions could not find an exact answer:

• As Windows 7 it is installed on the company machines and not on personal computers do we have the option to upgrade for free?
    • As Windows 7 it is installed on the company machines, after the upgrade to Windows 10 we have the new license for free for life or after a period of time do we need to buy a Windows 10 license?
    • If we reinstall the operating system, it will be activated automatically based on the license that we had in the past?

Thank you in advance!

Barbu

barbu_00, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Can one company use another company's license?

support company

rather than paying a third party for support, you should first contact the company responsible for the software you are experiencing problems with, there is often some level of free support available,

support here is free, experts will attempt to talk you through resolving your issue rather than gain access to your computer.

if the answer suggested is not clear or easy, you only need to ask for clarification or step by step instructions.

Martmcd, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Can one company use another company's license?

1. Can one company use another company's license? - Similar Threads - company another company's

2. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: I am having windows volume license. I want to change this license to another company name. what is the procedure for this company name change.ThanksSudhakar Shanmugamoorthy...
  3. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: I am having windows volume license. I want to change this license to another company name. what is the procedure for this company name change.ThanksSudhakar Shanmugamoorthy...
  4. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: Can I transfer my windows volume license to another company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-my-windows-license-account-to/ba6fa5e4-bac1-49f7-99de-6894090f7587
  6. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: Can I transfer my windows volume license to another company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-my-windows-license-account-to/ba6fa5e4-bac1-49f7-99de-6894090f7587
  7. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. switching companies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching companies: since windows wouldn't let me upgrade should i go ahead and switch over to apple computers ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-companies/52aee178-d685-4a70-9460-bd8a05c8c3f1
  9. Can a business use an OLP Windows license of another company?

Can a business use an OLP Windows license of another company?: Hi All. Question is as above. There are many ads on ebay offering OLP licenses at a fraction of original prices. Just wondering if obtaining such licenses is legally allowed....
  10. support company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    support company: has anyone used Chawla for support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-company/117bac9c-65ae-4ca0-9957-fadd3b5f027f"