Windows 10: Can One Drive just stop syncing my desktop files?

Discus and support Can One Drive just stop syncing my desktop files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, so, I just updated my microsoft laptop, and I don't like it. I didn't like the one drive function where it not only syncs your documents but also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RuSa_3818, Oct 16, 2020.

1. RuSa_3818 Win User

Can One Drive just stop syncing my desktop files?

Hi, so, I just updated my microsoft laptop, and I don't like it. I didn't like the one drive function where it not only syncs your documents but also your desktop files. It's annoying and it's using most of my internet connection whenI don't need it to. Let my one drive files sync when I put them in my goddamn one drive files. God. This new update sucks.

Sincerely,

a frustrated customer

:)

RuSa_3818, Oct 16, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 16, 2020
  3. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

one drive sync

Hi Dan,

Corrupted files may be the possible cause reason why files/folders were not syncing. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Could you tell us if you've made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to sync a file/folder?
    • Which version of Office are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your OneDrive files/folders to sync properly.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Can One Drive just stop syncing my desktop files? - Similar Threads - Drive stop syncing

2. How to stop my Desktop folders and files from automatic back up and syncing to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my Desktop folders and files from automatic back up and syncing to One Drive.: Onedrive is very confusing with how it interfaces with my Desktop content. I don't want my Desktop folders and files to be automatically backed up and synced to One Drive. Rather I want to use File Explorer to manually move and copy specific content from Desktop to the...
  3. How to stop my Desktop folders and files from automatic back up and syncing to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop my Desktop folders and files from automatic back up and syncing to One Drive.: Onedrive is very confusing with how it interfaces with my Desktop content. I don't want my Desktop folders and files to be automatically backed up and synced to One Drive. Rather I want to use File Explorer to manually move and copy specific content from Desktop to the...
  4. Stop One Drive from syncing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop One Drive from syncing files: Please help me. I want to stop all sorts of automatic backing up my files to One Drive. But if I stop backing up or unlink the pc, my "Desktop" , "Documents" , & "Pictures" folder also goes away from my file explorer and only stays in the in the C:\Users\$USERNAME\One Drive...
  5. Stop One Drive from syncing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop One Drive from syncing files: Please help me. I want to stop all sorts of automatic backing up my files to One Drive. But if I stop backing up or unlink the pc, my "Desktop" , "Documents" , & "Pictures" folder also goes away from my file explorer and only stays in the in the C:\Users\$USERNAME\One Drive...
  6. One Drive: delete files, stop syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive: delete files, stop syncing: The other day I had to reinstall Windows and Office. Now I have to tame One Drive. I got a mail that "Your OneDrive is almost full". I did not instruct it to backup my files. I have external hard drives for that situation. What do I need to do to delete the files in the...
  7. One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing

One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing: Hi, I currently use a desktop PC, and a laptop both connected to OneDrive, with Microsoft office also. I want OneDrive to keep saving to the cloud, but i don't want the PC and Laptop syncing the sale files , EG: documents on the home screen etc. Can anyone advise me on...
  8. SYNCING FILES WITH ONE DRIVE

SYNCING FILES WITH ONE DRIVE: Do I have to sync my files with OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-files-with-one-drive/61baacef-f9cf-4ea5-b2b3-28ad451c9871"
  9. sync files with one drive

sync files with one drive: hello .i am starting to use one drive.But i don't know if and how i can sync files from my pc to online like back up and sync app from google.With this app i add specific folders to ot sync , so when i download a file to my...
  10. One Drive sync stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One Drive sync stopped: One drive stopped and when I try to restart it it comes up with this message. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-sync-stopped/278185fa-0661-47d0-ad0a-919715c473cc