Windows 10: Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error

Discus and support Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I opened my laptop after not using for 3 months. It did not boot. Did the diagnosis stuff on its own which did not work. I still could not access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Boraİlk, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Boraİlk Win User

Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error

I opened my laptop after not using for 3 months. It did not boot. Did the diagnosis stuff on its own which did not work. I still could not access anything but bios. So, used my USB media to try to repair whatever is not working. Option to solve boot problems did not work. Opened the CMD and typed in commands like sfc /scannow, chkdsk and bootrec commands. Commands usually did not do much as they could not perform on the C drive SSD of my laptop with windows 10. After this I turned off the computer and did not open it until next morning. Next morning I am facing the SMART error with F1 to con

:)

Boraİlk, Sep 18, 2022

2. SMART status bad and good

when I start up my Pc, I usually get the S.M.A.R.T status bad : Backup and replace. I know what the warning is, but I'm not sure "who" to trust:

CrystalDiskInfo says status is Good (at 87% though). To me it seems like weird stuff started to happen after installing Windows 10. I did a clean install.

However, it does boot up when i put a flash-drive with windows10 (UEFI) in the usb. It starts loading and I guess it recovers some corrupt boot files or whatnot.

Anyone have similar experience and/or can give advice? Could the error on boot be wrong somehow?

-- EDIT

I did as suggested, and found the utility diag tool for my exact drive (OCZ-ARC100). Here is an image that shows the stats I get:
    OCZ Drive - Diagnostics image

Oyvind Andersson, Sep 18, 2022
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Sep 18, 2022
  4. Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 18, 2022
Thema:

Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error

1. Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error - Similar Threads - access BIOS SMART

2. Error status 0xc000012f - Bad Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error status 0xc000012f - Bad Image: Dell Inspiron is a few months old & came preloaded with Microsoft programs. I'm constantly receiving the following error message, 4 at a time. I don't use Microsoft Teams yet this error is a daily occurrence and have to close 4 error messages each time for everything else to...
  3. Error status 0xc000012f - Bad Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error status 0xc000012f - Bad Image: Dell Inspiron is a few months old & came preloaded with Microsoft programs. I'm constantly receiving the following error message, 4 at a time. I don't use Microsoft Teams yet this error is a daily occurrence and have to close 4 error messages each time for everything else to...
  4. Error status 0xc000012f - Bad Image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error: I opened my laptop after not using for 3 months. It did not boot. Did the diagnosis stuff on its own which did not work. I still could not access anything but bios. So, used my USB media to try to repair whatever is not working. Option to solve boot problems did not work....
  6. Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error

Can only access BIOS, SMART status bad error: I opened my laptop after not using for 3 months. It did not boot. Did the diagnosis stuff on its own which did not work. I still could not access anything but bios. So, used my USB media to try to repair whatever is not working. Option to solve boot problems did not work....
  7. SMART status bad on secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SMART status bad on secondary drive: Hey all, hope you are well. I have an Asus ROG laptop (that honestly has been some trouble in the 4-ish years of owning it) and have recently run into this issue. I am getting this s.m.a.r.t status error on drive D and it tells me to backup and replace. The laptop has two...
  8. Can not Access BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not Access BIOS: I recently tried use BIOS to do some tinkering, but whenever I try to access it, It shows an Administrator password required screen. I went "Oh, okay", and typed in the Admin password for my Admin account, didn't work. I tried past passwords, but it still wouldn't budge. None...
  9. SSD about to crash SMART status bad

SSD about to crash SMART status bad: My ssd is going to crash soon according to everything online and i am wondering if my old HDD I still have in my pc will still have windows on it. When i got this ssd all the games on the hdd wouldn't start and i had to redownload them. I am hoping once the ssd dies out and i...
  10. S.M.A.R.T Status bad

S.M.A.R.T Status bad: I have problems starting my computer with F1. It worked before but now it goes from restart to restart, then attempts automatic repair which fails. I,ve tried starting with a systems repair disk which also didnt work. What else can I do, or has my ASUS X53E laptop just died?...