Windows 10: Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN

Discus and support Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can only access Microsoft store when connected via Forticlient used as a VPN. If I disonnect from VPN I can no longer connect to the store. Can have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ChristopherLloyd2, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN

I can only access Microsoft store when connected via Forticlient used as a VPN. If I disonnect from VPN I can no longer connect to the store. Can have an explanation?

:)

ChristopherLloyd2, Apr 9, 2021
  2. onlya Win User

No access to Windows Store when connected to VPN

I have seen quite few posts here and there about it as well. I was hoping you guys on this forum might posses some more knowledge about this issue.

Anyway, VPN I use is self hosted one on VPS. Of course, suggested method "don't use VPN" works but then it undermines whole sense of using VPN.

I forgot to mention in my first post, that once "connection" with Windows Store is established without active VPN connection, I can turn on VPN and download apps as usual. Once OS is rebooted Microsoft Store serves the same error again.

I will try to send feedback if this is the only way to get it sorted.

onlya, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 9, 2021
  4. onlya Win User

Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN

No access to Windows Store when connected to VPN

Hello all,

I use VPN on Windows 10 Home edition when I connect to internet.

This, however, stops me from downloading anything from Windows Store. Same thing happens when I tried to use Photos and Mail apps. I have to turn off VPN so I can download anything.

Error displayed is as in the screenshot.

Is there any solution for this?

Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN [​IMG]

onlya, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN

1. Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN - Similar Threads - access Microsoft store

2. Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection: I can only connect to the Microsoft store and feedback hub when connected to my VPN connection. If I try and connect without using the VPN I get an error and message to try again later...
  3. VPN accessing licences and only 1 connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN accessing licences and only 1 connection: Hi I have two machines, one connected to the Internet which I have set up my VPN on, and the second not connected but is on the same LAN as the other. I can connect to my VPN on the first machine and ping the second but cannot pick up a licence on this server through...
  4. Can't access microsoft store through a vpn

Can't access microsoft store through a vpn: I have to turn off my VPN to access microsoft store. What gives? this should not be required as I have a common provider and most websites allow access. Is there a way to make it work? If not, I'd like Microsoft devs to have the feedback and I'd also like a brief...
  5. can not access microsoft store

can not access microsoft store: need help with getting in need tips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-access-microsoft-store/69493359-8165-4b4f-8cca-05229c24053a"
  6. Unable to access Microsoft Store using VPN

Unable to access Microsoft Store using VPN: I use VPN to get access to the Internet but I cannot access MS Store and save downloaded files. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-microsoft-store-using-vpn/aed61441-28a6-4705-a0ef-71656b7d74b5"
  7. Unable To Access Microsoft Store Or Save Any File From Internet When Connected To VPN, But...

Unable To Access Microsoft Store Or Save Any File From Internet When Connected To VPN, But...: I connect to everything via a VPN When this is on Outlook works OK but that's about it I cant access the MS App store or any of the help options & I cant save a file downloaded from the internet to my local machine or anywhere else. ***Edited Original Title From: VPN...
  8. Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On

Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On: Microsoft Edge must have VPN on to connect to websites. Firefox and Chrome on the same PC are operating OK with or without VPN. The problem started after the latest Windows 10 feature update (1803). This appears to be a BUG with Edge....
  9. No access to Windows Store when connected to VPN

No access to Windows Store when connected to VPN: Hello all, I use VPN on Windows 10 Home edition when I connect to internet. This, however, stops me from downloading anything from Windows Store. Same thing happens when I tried to use Photos and Mail apps. I have to turn off VPN so I can download anything. Error...
  10. Can connect to VPN but can't access connected PC

Can connect to VPN but can't access connected PC: So I've scoured the web and pulled together enough info to enable me to create an incoming VPN connection on our dedicated P2P file "server" which runs Windows 8.1 Pro. On my Windows 10 Pro laptop, I've also created an outgoing VPN connection to the server. When I click the...