Windows 10: Can only access Windows 10 PC by typing the computer name in Explorer address bar

Discus and support Can only access Windows 10 PC by typing the computer name in Explorer address bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've got three Windows 10 Home PCs running on a private home network. Two of them function perfectly, a Surface Pro and a Lenovo desktop. The third, an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by akGregS, Nov 20, 2018.

1. akGregS Win User

Can only access Windows 10 PC by typing the computer name in Explorer address bar

I've got three Windows 10 Home PCs running on a private home network. Two of them function perfectly, a Surface Pro and a Lenovo desktop. The third, an Azulle Access Plus stick PC named KODI, will show up on the network, if I open File Explorer and type in "\\KODI" in the address bar, it'll pop up just fine, but if I double click on computer icon for it in the Network > Computer section in File Explorer, it says:

Windows cannot access \\KODI

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.

I've tried to use the network diagnostics and every time it comes back as not having found any issues. Any suggestions on what I should try? It's very frustrating.

:)

akGregS, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
  3. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 21, 2018
  4. brummyfan Win User

Can only access Windows 10 PC by typing the computer name in Explorer address bar

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

Can only access Windows 10 PC by typing the computer name in Explorer address bar [​IMG]

brummyfan, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Can only access Windows 10 PC by typing the computer name in Explorer address bar - Similar Threads - access typing computer

2. Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10: Hello, How do you reduce the height of the Windows Explorer Address bar. For example, my address bar appears as: [ATTACH] As you can see, there is a large amount of padding between the text "My Computer" in this case and top/bottom borders. I've tried adjusting...
  3. Windows Explorer Address Bar Width Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Address Bar Width Change: I don't know why but the address bar on Windows Explorer suddenly changed after I restarted "Windows Explorer" from Task Manager as the taskbar was acting up. The width of the address and search bar suddenly increased. I will admit to using Winaero Tweaker to change the...
  4. Name and address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name and address: How do you insert my name and address on all correspondence I write? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-and-address/02d381d8-b7ff-4955-a241-be90619d019a
  5. Can connect to pc share using ip address but not the share name

Can connect to pc share using ip address but not the share name: One PC is a laptop and the other one is a desktop. Both are running Windows 10 v1803. The sharing option "Turn on network discovery" for private, public, and guests is checked on both computers. Also checked is "Turn on file and printer sharing". From the laptop, I can...
  6. Explorer delay while typing for folder name

Explorer delay while typing for folder name: When you are in explorer, you can type the letters and numbers of the folder you are looking for. If you pause it will forget what you typed and start over. I want to increase this pause delay(so I can look at the paper that has the information on it). I have looked all...
  7. Windows Cannot Access\\ PC(computer name) Errors

Windows Cannot Access\\ PC(computer name) Errors: My two network machines that are at issue are Windows 10 Pro, vers. 1803 and Windows 10 Edu, vers.1803. They are ethernet connected(Gigabit-ethernet) and in the same WORKGROUP. After successfully coping several large .iso files from IMAGEONE(source) PC to SIMTRON(destination)...
  8. File Explorer address bar turned black

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer address bar turned black: Hi there, to elaborate on the thread title: after updating to build 1709/Fall Creators update, File Explorer's address bar has spontaneously turned black and for the life of me, I can't revert it to white like it was before. My Google-fu is coming up empty here, as...
  9. HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10: Hi this may seem like a stupid question (I feel kind of stupid for asking it haha) but I need help DISABLING the address bar in windows explorer. I only need it to be temporary. The reason I need to disable the address bar is when I'm recording desktop screen-capture...
  10. Internet Explorer revealing the content of the address bar

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer revealing the content of the address bar: Hello fellow bug hunter! Today we are going back to Internet Explorer which despite getting old, tons people still use it. I am much happier with MSRC lately, they are really moving forward regarding Edge, design bugs, and they even extended its bug bounty, which seems to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Explorer by clicking Start > Computer by typing share path into the Address bar