Windows 10: Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

Discus and support Can only boot to windows 10 through bios. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently upgraded to a nvme drive, but whenever I restart it says error 0xc00000e. Although, if I open the BIOs during the boot and then save and exit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neil Whitcomb1, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

Recently upgraded to a nvme drive, but whenever I restart it says error 0xc00000e. Although, if I open the BIOs during the boot and then save and exit with or without any changes, it boots to windows 10 fine. All other versions of windows on other drives have been deleted and windows works fine after it boots. I've tried the msconfig command, and the new boot is already set as default. There are no other boot options in the bios or msconfig menu. I'm assuming it's trying to boot to a nonexistent drive and running it through the bios specifies the drive.

:)

Neil Whitcomb1, Jan 28, 2023

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Jborg Win User

Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

1. Can only boot to windows 10 through bios. - Similar Threads - boot through bios

2. Windows Boot Manager Uninstalled through BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Manager Uninstalled through BIOS: Recently I downloaded Grub2Win on my computer, only to be shredded by it. Grub2Win changed the name of Win Boot Manager from the bios to Grub2Win x64So I deleted Grub2Wib from my computer, but I didn't know that it took down my Win Boot Mgr with itself. Ri8 now I have no...
  3. Windows Boot Manager Uninstalled through BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Manager Uninstalled through BIOS: Recently I downloaded Grub2Win on my computer, only to be shredded by it. Grub2Win changed the name of Win Boot Manager from the bios to Grub2Win x64So I deleted Grub2Wib from my computer, but I didn't know that it took down my Win Boot Mgr with itself. Ri8 now I have no...
  4. Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.: Recently upgraded to a nvme drive, but whenever I restart it says error 0xc00000e. Although, if I open the BIOs during the boot and then save and exit with or without any changes, it boots to windows 10 fine. All other versions of windows on other drives have been deleted and...
  5. Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only boot to windows 10 through bios.: Recently upgraded to a nvme drive, but whenever I restart it says error 0xc00000e. Although, if I open the BIOs during the boot and then save and exit with or without any changes, it boots to windows 10 fine. All other versions of windows on other drives have been deleted and...
  6. Can only boot throught bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only boot throught bios: Hi, I can not boot Windows in a normal way, when I start my laptop the loading wheel stops for about an hour and nothing happens. The only way I can boot Windows is if I go through the bios menu and save changes and select the start button. I have tried everything from...
  7. Can only boot throught bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only boot throught bios: Hi, I can not boot Windows in a normal way, when I start my laptop the loading wheel stops for about an hour and nothing happens. The only way I can boot Windows is if I go through the bios menu and save changes and select the start button. I have tried everything from...
  8. Can only boot throught bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 Failure, Booting BIOS Only.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Failure, Booting BIOS Only.: Hello, i would like some help if anyone is willing. 3 days ago i got a windows 10 error at booting srttrail.txt i did try startup repair and nothing work'd. I found a solution somewhere on microsoft forums about this and suggested to use....
  10. Computer only boots BIOS, won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only boots BIOS, won't boot Windows 10: I searched in this thread for a while, and don't even know if I'm in the right place, but my brother's computer is having some issues. If the computer is completely off, and we turn it on, it immediately opens BIOS, and BIOS works perfectly. Windows 10 will not boot up, and I...