Windows 10: Can only boot using F12. Boot Drive is nameless.

Discus and support Can only boot using F12. Boot Drive is nameless. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, whenever I open my PC I get the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device."When I go to bios and try to change the boot priority I only have one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Minguri, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Minguri Win User

Can only boot using F12. Boot Drive is nameless.

Hi, whenever I open my PC I get the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device."When I go to bios and try to change the boot priority I only have one option and it has no "Windows Boot Manager" label to it. Regardless, it is set as thatSo my only choice is to go to F12 and choose the boot drive manually and it appears as a nameless option. As shown in the image below. This is the only way I can start my pc. I need help thank you.

:)

Minguri, Jun 30, 2021

2. how to boot an OS dvd from an external dvd rom?

If the drive is USB, then just hit the hotkey to choose the device you wish to boot first when you are in BIOS screen (usually F12), then just select your drive on the list.

Blue-Knight, Jun 30, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Problems booting to Dos in Vista 64

the problem is that you're choosing USB HDD. you need to choose HDD, and then pick the USB drive from the list.

THe problem is not vista, its gigabytes illogical BIOS boot menu.

Mussels, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Can only boot using F12. Boot Drive is nameless. - Similar Threads - boot using F12

2. lag when Press F12 boot option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag when Press F12 boot option: Hi i have problem when i want to enter boot option to install windows when i press f12 its lag and freeze for some reason how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-press-f12-boot-option/85c92684-7200-4645-b047-68b816a62230
  3. Random 'y' entry in F12 boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random 'y' entry in F12 boot menu: Not long ago, I tried installed FydeOS alongside windows in a dual boot manner. FydeOS had me install Refind to allow me to dual boot, but not before long I decided to remove FydeOS and went back to Windows. Fast forward, I ended up doing a fresh install of Windows 10, but...
  4. How to disable F12 secure boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable F12 secure boot: Hello, I tried to press F12 when I boot my computer, and it run out secure boot like this [IMG] how can I go back to Normal boot mode My spec [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-f12-secure-boot/881d53cc-01f0-46de-968e-c903c09eae92
  5. Windows will not boot unless Boot drive is the only drive connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows will not boot unless Boot drive is the only drive connected: This is a follow up to problems that i was experienced in this post. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmsr44/is_there_any_way_to_fix_this_reboot_and_select/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf I was able to get the problem fixed, but now it is...
  6. Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager"

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager": Every time my system starts, it goes to a black screen that says something like "no OS detected; press any key to continue." When I do that, it keeps going back to the same screen. The only solution I've found is to hit f12 and in the bios options, starting it in "windows...
  7. No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12: Hello first thank you, this is an odd problem, with no real place to be put. I have chosen BSOD because, I think it will have the best chance for success. I have a GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880 Using a dual boot with Linux I...
  8. Can see only boot drive on networked computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can see only boot drive on networked computer: I am able to see my networked computer, but only the C: boot drive. How can I see the contents of other HDDs on that computer? 40114
  9. My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc

in Windows 10 Support
    My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc: Hello my Tohru am new to window 10, I am having a problem get my back up. I have Norton Ghost that is my boot Disc. I can't get it to work. Here are my issue Bios: Security Tab no up or down arrow to move in that bios. F12 no boot menu to boot to cd/dvd. Bootable disk is OEM...
  10. Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12: Greetings y'all! My title is my BLUF (bottom-line up front). If this belongs in a different sub-section of the forum, sorry in advance. I just did a clean install of 10 Pro from a UEFI formatted thumb drive, using RUFUS - did that because I upgraded to a PNY CS2211...