Windows 10: Can only click on taskbar or desktop

Discus and support Can only click on taskbar or desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently began having this strange issue where my computer will alternate between only allowing me to click on items in the task bar and items in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Greek-Yogrt, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Can only click on taskbar or desktop

I recently began having this strange issue where my computer will alternate between only allowing me to click on items in the task bar and items in the desktop but never both. Ive checked on other computers and my mouse is working fine is there any way to fix this?

:)

Greek-Yogrt, Jan 29, 2021

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 29, 2021
  3. taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Can only click on taskbar or desktop

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Can only click on taskbar or desktop

1. Can only click on taskbar or desktop - Similar Threads - click taskbar desktop

2. Why can I only tap to click and not CLICK TO CLICK??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I only tap to click and not CLICK TO CLICK??: So, you know how you used to be able to just click to click on things and not tap? Well, you can only tap to click apparently. I have tried everything I could think of and YouTube tutorials and similar issues, all to fix my touchpad. Every time I click, like press on the...
  3. Why can I only tap to click and not CLICK TO CLICK??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I only tap to click and not CLICK TO CLICK??: So, you know how you used to be able to just click to click on things and not tap? Well, you can only tap to click apparently. I have tried everything I could think of and YouTube tutorials and similar issues, all to fix my touchpad. Every time I click, like press on the...
  4. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...: After alt-tabbing in a video gamevalorant, I found myself not being able to click anything to the application I tabbed to.in this case it was google chrome I could switch tabs through my taskbar, but couldn’t click anything on the tab. I shut down my computer and re-opened...
  5. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...: After alt-tabbing in a video gamevalorant, I found myself not being able to click anything to the application I tabbed to.in this case it was google chrome I could switch tabs through my taskbar, but couldn’t click anything on the tab. I shut down my computer and re-opened...
  6. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC: [ATTACH]Sometimes a few unexpected issues happen to our Windows 11/10 PC. We cannot exactly find the reason behind them. Some issues that happen with the mouse are such issues. Many users are complaining that they cannot click on Desktop and the mouse click works only on...
  8. Cant click anything on taskbar or desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant click anything on taskbar or desktop: I cant click anything on taskbar or desktop. I cant click on anything in my windows menu, and if i open task manager i cant interact with it all. The only thing i can use is google chrome....
  9. Can't click on desktop/taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on desktop/taskbar: Every so often I have an issue where if I clicked on my taskbar last I can't click anything on screen (desktop icons, web browser, etc.), and vice versa when I click anything on screen, so my taskbar locks up. Opening task manager and restarting Windows Explorer fixes it...
  10. Can't click on desktop/taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on desktop/taskbar: Every so often I have an issue where if I clicked on my taskbar last I can't click anything on screen (desktop icons, web browser, etc.), and vice versa when I click anything on screen, so my taskbar locks up. Opening task manager and restarting Windows Explorer fixes it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse cant click on taskbar