Windows 10: Can only connect to internet at work

Discus and support Can only connect to internet at work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've come across a weird issue and can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced it. My computer was working fine for three years and I was on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Katie P&, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Katie P& Win User

Can only connect to internet at work

I've come across a weird issue and can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced it.

My computer was working fine for three years and I was on my company's active directory account. My company was acquired so I had to switch to a new active directory account. Instead of changing the office DNS my boss had us change the DNS on our computers to be able to connect with active directory. After I was on the new active directory account I went in and deleted the DNS entry in my computer. However I was still only able to connect to the internet while at my office. I tried changing my DNS settings to Google's (8.8.8.8), resetting Winsock2, resetting DNS, making sure everything was up to date including drivers, reinstalled internet drivers, etc nothing worked.

I ended up completely reinstalling windows from scratch. My internet worked on all networks! I reinstalled all my programs and everything was great.

Then my computer restarted and it broke again. I retried everything we could think of again and nothing worked. I reinstalled windows but this time kept the files. My internet started working properly again! It even updated and was still working fine.

And now today my computer has another update and it's broken yet again.

Besides reinstalling windows does anyone have an idea?

Notes that might help:

* HP pavilion running Windows 10 pro

* I do have openVPN installed

* No one else in my office had this issue (over 200 people)

* My office internet always works - it's just other connections like my home, coffee shop, client office

* I am an admin on my computer

* Programs installed: filezilla, visual studio, atom, all major browsers, putty,office 365, Adobe products like Photoshop... No obscure programs as I was in the middle of setting my computer up again.

:)

Katie P&, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Can only connect to internet at work - Similar Threads - connect internet

2. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  3. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  4. Windows 7 won't connect to the internet even though it shows it's connected

Windows 7 won't connect to the internet even though it shows it's connected: I'm running Windows 7 it shows it's connected to the internet but it's not actually connecting to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though/3ab8b931-ba3c-46c7-a541-36103d1f99a5
  5. Windows 7 won't connect to the internet even though it shows it's connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 won't connect to the internet even though it shows it's connected: I'm running Windows 7 it shows it's connected to the internet but it's not actually connecting to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though/3ab8b931-ba3c-46c7-a541-36103d1f99a5
  6. Can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  7. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  8. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  9. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  10. I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please...: I can’t view Wi-Fi icon on my dell xps 13 9350, so I can’t connect to the internet. Please any idea on what I should do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-wi-fi-icon-on-my-dell-xps-13-9350-so-i/41db4654-b779-49aa-a4d7-d2a32412c49c