Windows 10: Can only connect to VPN on TCP Ports 80, 443

Discus and support Can only connect to VPN on TCP Ports 80, 443 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, The following applies to the platform: - Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720 - HP Probook 455 G3 16 GB ddr3 RAM I am absolutely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertP61, Mar 21, 2020.

1. RobertP61 Win User

Can only connect to VPN on TCP Ports 80, 443

Hi,

The following applies to the platform:

- Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720

- HP Probook 455 G3 16 GB ddr3 RAM

I am absolutely befuddled by the following problem and please note: I am not an expert, but not a novice either. Please note also that I have contacted Microsoft tech support, that of my IP provider and the VPN provider NordVPN and now SurfShark and none could figure this problem out.

So recently I decided to subscribe to a VPN service. I can connect under the following circumstances:

- openvpn-gui v11.14.0.0 from OpenVPN technologies I don't think the maker is relevant

- any provider VPN server that accepts a TCP connection over PORTS 80 -or- 443

Anything else seems to be blocked; on the Microsoft Network Monitor I can see the Sync message going out from my computer - multiple times - and absolutely nothing comes back. This is for ports that include 1194, 1443, 7070, 7777, 8008, and 8080.

I have tried the "usual suspects", all to no avail:

- completely removing McAfee security;

- poking holes in Windows Firewall ports, programs, as well as Windows antivirus

- trying in Windows Firewall to see what is so special about Ports 80 and 443; I do realize that these ports are the nominal ports for http and https respectively - I doubt this is a co-incidence.

- establishing a Windows manual VPN connection: it accepts the input, but then the device shows up as "Unavailable - device missing" in Network Connections in Ctrl Panel.

- ALL THE STEPS in https://windowsreport.com/vpn-blocked-windows-10/#2

Does anyone have any ideas ? I would at least like to know if it is even possible to do what I'm trying to do in Windows 10 !!

Thanks

Bob

:)

RobertP61, Mar 21, 2020
  2. TenneR Win User

TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?

Under resource monitor > TCP connections, I've noticed quite a bit of activity on remote ports 80 and 443.

I decided to track several of these IP addresses and whilst some are expected (Microsoft, Amazon (Firefox)), there were a few which went to other mainly web hosting services. Is this normal and expected?

Is it just routing through?

TenneR, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Port 80/443 not responding

La instalarea unui program apare eroarea „Port 80 is not responding” și „Port 443 is not responding”. Am încercat deblocarea prin Windows Firewall > New Inbound Rule/New Outbound Rule dar nu a funcționat. Apar aceleași erori. Îmi puteți recomanda
    o soluție?

SalmonColt60611, Mar 21, 2020
  4. KeithRa Win User

How can I connect to Outlook Web Access that uses a different port than 443?

Hi All -

I have a client that is trying to connect their Windows Mobile 6.1 phone to Exchange 2003. When configuring the messaging application, it asks for the Outlook Web Access URL and it appears the only options are to connect over port 80 or 443. This client,
    however, runs an SSL VPN solution over port 443 and a web server on 80. Outlook web access runs on port 555. I've tried adding :555 to the end of the URL, but it didn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch,

Keith

KeithRa, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Can only connect to VPN on TCP Ports 80, 443 - Similar Threads - connect VPN TCP

2. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tcp connect to port 443 failed: I have checked the port 443 by powershell in win 10 by the following command:"tnc hostname –port 443" mention hostname of the computerbut I got the “Fail” result how can I solve the problem that get the “True” result?I was created Inbound rule for tcp&udp 443 and also...
  3. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tcp connect to port 443 failed: I have checked the port 443 by powershell in win 10 by the following command:"tnc hostname –port 443" mention hostname of the computerbut I got the “Fail” result how can I solve the problem that get the “True” result?I was created Inbound rule for tcp&udp 443 and also...
  4. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. port 443

port 443: Using seugen device doing leave and licence agreement. Rd service is running properly. UDI verification error is coming Failed to connect to secugenindia.in Port 443 : Timed outpl guide....
  6. Port 80 and Port 443 non existent

Port 80 and Port 443 non existent: I am trying to use apache for a web development class and we are required to use xmapp to do so, Apache runs on port 80 and I believe SQL runs on port 443 but when i check netstat these ports are not even listed. Nothing I can tell is assigned to these ports either I do not...
  7. Detect different clients request port TCP 80 and 443 to strange IP 10.10.10.10

Detect different clients request port TCP 80 and 443 to strange IP 10.10.10.10: Dear all,After review log on our firewall, we have detected random clients [Source IP 172.16.x.x/24] were requesting port TCP 80, 443 to destination IP 10.10.10.10. But there is no respond back from IP 10.10.10.10. Please note:- This strange communication happen on random...
  8. Port 443 error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Port 443 error: When I go to the website www.sspbnbe.com i get the following message Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource. _ Apache/2.4.29 Ubuntu Server at www.sspbnbc.com Port 443...
  9. Port 80/443 not responding

Port 80/443 not responding: La instalarea unui program apare eroarea „Port 80 is not responding” și „Port 443 is not responding”. Am încercat deblocarea prin Windows Firewall > New Inbound Rule/New Outbound Rule dar nu a funcționat. Apar aceleași erori. Îmi puteți recomanda o soluție?...
  10. TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?: Under resource monitor > TCP connections, I've noticed quite a bit of activity on remote ports 80 and 443. I decided to track several of these IP addresses and whilst some are expected (Microsoft, Amazon (Firefox)), there were a few which went to other mainly web hosting...