Windows 10: can only login with 1 finger

Discus and support can only login with 1 finger in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am used to login my windows with my thumb and index finger. I found out I couldn't login with any of my fingers so I removed my fingerprint data and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SayoushSubedi, Sep 22, 2020.

1. can only login with 1 finger

I am used to login my windows with my thumb and index finger. I found out I couldn't login with any of my fingers so I removed my fingerprint data and re-added my fingerprint data but it could only accept one finger. In the past, it would allow me to add other fingers but right now it isn't letting me to do so. can only login with 1 finger 87e7ccbb-2a09-4638-99c4-39d8ebd32013?upload=true.jpg

:)

SayoushSubedi, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 22, 2020
  3. I can not login with my PIN and scan finger

Hello, a friend is not able to login to his laptop with his PIN and scanning his finger. He is able to login to his account.microsoft.com and he believe the Laptop-IBM that is listed under devices is the laptop that he tries to login. can he reset it
    or fix it?

AsgharEtebari, Sep 22, 2020
  4. hoosierEE Win User

can only login with 1 finger

How to disable "start scrolling with 2 fingers, keep scrolling with 1 finger"?

I've noticed this behavior across several laptops with Synaptics touchpads and Windows 10:

1. start scrolling with 2 fingers
    2. remove 1 finger
    3. still scrolling, but with 1 finger

I'd like to change this behavior to this:

1. start scrolling with 2 fingers
    2. remove 1 finger
    3. scrolling ends, now the 1 finger is moving the pointer

Is it possible to tweak this somewhere?

hoosierEE, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

can only login with 1 finger

1. can only login with 1 finger - Similar Threads - login finger

2. Login option not showing but recognising my finger print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login option not showing but recognising my finger print: I have a windows 11Hlw , actually a few days ago I changed some other users to standard user and my self to something I don't know , after all of that other user is able to log in but there is no option to sign in into my desktop . My desktop recognising my finger print but...
  3. Login option not showing but recognising my finger print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login option not showing but recognising my finger print: I have a windows 11Hlw , actually a few days ago I changed some other users to standard user and my self to something I don't know , after all of that other user is able to log in but there is no option to sign in into my desktop . My desktop recognising my finger print but...
  4. I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted: Hi, as mentioned in Subject the two-finger scrolling feature doesn't work on my Windows 10 PC when more than one user login on my computer, and it starts working when I restart my PC.I already tried using a different mouse pointer and updating some related drivers, but it...
  5. I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted: Hi, as mentioned in Subject the two-finger scrolling feature doesn't work on my Windows 10 PC when more than one user login on my computer, and it starts working when I restart my PC.I already tried using a different mouse pointer and updating some related drivers, but it...
  6. I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S540. I usually login into my Window 10 using finger print. Now...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S540. I usually login into my Window 10 using finger print. Now...: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S540. I usually login into my Window 10 using finger print. Now when tried login using password I forgot the same. Any easy way to reset password. I dont have reset USB drive please note. Any quick & easy solution is highly appreciated....
  8. Stuck at "To sign in, scan your finger on the fingerprint reader" login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "To sign in, scan your finger on the fingerprint reader" login screen.: It happens randomly at the login screen. Most of the time, touching the fingerprint sensor logs me in, but randomly, it keeps showing "To sign in, scan your finger on the fingerprint reader". If I touch the sensor, it just flickers once and keeps showing the same screen. This...
  9. Finger print sign-in option is not appearing when I login to my windows 10 dell laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger print sign-in option is not appearing when I login to my windows 10 dell laptop: My finger print scanner was sporadically working earlier, and to correct it I decided to reset my finger prints. Then even the finger print option is not coming in sign-in options at the start. What to do?...
  10. I can not login with my PIN and scan finger

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can not login with my PIN and scan finger: Hello, a friend is not able to login to his laptop with his PIN and scanning his finger. He is able to login to his account.microsoft.com and he believe the Laptop-IBM that is listed under devices is the laptop that he tries to login. can he reset it or fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot