Windows 10: Can only open some Windows 10 Apps through it's Files, WindowsApps, cannot open it using...

Discus and support Can only open some Windows 10 Apps through it's Files, WindowsApps, cannot open it using... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Applications like Microsoft Store, Photos works fine when opened from search tab, but others like NVidia, Video Editor can only be open in its original... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DeeDave123, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Can only open some Windows 10 Apps through it's Files, WindowsApps, cannot open it using...

Applications like Microsoft Store, Photos works fine when opened from search tab, but others like NVidia, Video Editor can only be open in its original folder via File Explorer, if not it would tell this error:

"The application path"

The parameter is incorrect.​

The thing is I already do sfc /scannow and DISM commands in Administrator Command Prompt, also I tried to fix it using Powershell and it doesn't work, Microsoft Support please help me, It's been going for 10 months now. Help would be extremely appreciated!

:)

DeeDave123, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

Can only open some Windows 10 Apps through it's Files, WindowsApps, cannot open it using...

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Can only open some Windows 10 Apps through it's Files, WindowsApps, cannot open it using...

1. Can only open some Windows 10 Apps through it's Files, WindowsApps, cannot open it using... - Similar Threads - open Apps through

2. Open file using keyboard only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open file using keyboard only: Sometimes both my touchpad and screen freeze but I want to open my current app I have open get it in front of me so I can ctrl+s and save it, before restarting. I can't figure out how to do this because windows+tab is not working. This is for Notepad....
  3. Open file using keyboard only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open file using keyboard only: Sometimes both my touchpad and screen freeze but I want to open my current app I have open get it in front of me so I can ctrl+s and save it, before restarting. I can't figure out how to do this because windows+tab is not working. This is for Notepad....
  4. Some Windows 10 Apps Not Opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some Windows 10 Apps Not Opening: I recently reset Windows 10 due to accidental drive permission changes, and now when I click on certain non-essential Windows apps they act as though they are installing but never install. I tried to reset and repair some of the apps, but they disappeared from the apps list...
  5. Some Windows 10 Apps Not Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows 10 Apps Not Opening: I recently reset Windows 10 due to accidental drive permission changes, and now when I click on certain non-essential Windows apps they act as though they are installing but never install. I tried to reset and repair some of the apps, but they disappeared from the apps list...
  6. Some Windows 10 Apps Not Opening

7. Some apps not opening on Windows 10

Some apps not opening on Windows 10: Hi I just got my new gaming PC a few weeks ago and tried to run my newly installed Xbox app for Windows 10. Installation went smoothly and quickly, then it wouldn't start up. Same way with the Microsoft Store. I even reset these two apps and still the same problem occurred....
  8. Cannot open some files in the photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open some files in the photos app: I have a bunch of photos from 2015-present that were transferred from my old laptop to my Surface go about a year ago. I've been trying to declutter my photos app and make more space, but the majority of my photos are greyed out and when I click on them it says that "We can't...
  9. No app is opening, only file explorer is open

No app is opening, only file explorer is open: Today when I opened Avast antivirus, it showed me that almost 113 registry keys are broken, so I pressed the button to fix them. Windows was working fine before I pressed the button. Then Avast opened a blank white screen, I thought I must close it as it has got hanged and...
  10. Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder: I already have changed the ownership of the folder to my user, I can enter and see everything but when I try to open a game.exe it says I don't have the permissions. How do I fix this? I'm trying to hook the .exe to the steam game list so I can stream it to my nvidia shield...