Windows 10: Can only Print from outside Notepad and Wordpad--only from outside

Discus and support Can only Print from outside Notepad and Wordpad--only from outside in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can print a Notepad/Wordpad document by rightclicking on it and selecting Print, but when I select Print from within documents, I get an error: An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oao, May 26, 2017.

1. OAO
    oao Win User

Can only Print from outside Notepad and Wordpad--only from outside

I can print a Notepad/Wordpad document by rightclicking on it and selecting Print, but when I select Print from within documents, I get an error:

An error has occurred during this operation.

Looked at all available online info--did not find this particular problem.

Any ideas?

:)

2. anonemev Win User

problem with Notepad

Since upgrading to Win10 from Win7, I can print from Word and Wordpad but not from Notepad. What happened? How can the problem be fixed (besides opening another program copying & printing)?

anonemev, May 26, 2017
  3. Nor987 Win User
    Printing directory of C from notepad

Thank you for your prompt reply JimWynne. Actually, in the interim, I
    did
    try Wordpad. But I had to first paste it onto Notepad and then copy it to Wordpad. (It wouldn't paste directly on Wordpad) It worked! I just printed it from the menu of Wordpad. Then I tried it with another drive, and it worked again. When
    I tried it with a 3rd drive, however, I could not get it to paste to Notepad or Wordpad. This is really a tedious process when it works. Maybe you got it to print from Wordpad easier than I did?

Nor987, May 26, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Perhaps delete and reinstall the printer driver?

Steve C, May 27, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, May 27, 2017
  6. OAO
    oao Win User
    Thanks.

SFC is not an option -- I am running 1511 cleaned of bloat and optimized and the repair will bring back all of it.

I ran the ultility and it found nothing.

I did reinstall the printer driver more than once to no avail. The problem is not with the driver -- two different drivers work just fine fr all other apps and even for Notepad and Wordpad if the print command is issued from outside the documents. It doesn't only when it's issued from within them -- soumds lime Windows problem.

Thema:

1. Can only Print from outside Notepad and Wordpad--only from outside - Similar Threads - Print outside Notepad

2. Local host is not accessible from outside

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local host is not accessible from outside: Hi team, I've recently upgraded from win 10 to 11. I am learning web development. The problem I'm facing is , after hosting my web page locally in my pc, I'm trying to access that from my Android using ip address and port my pc stays connected at that time via mobile hotspot....
  3. Local host is not accessible from outside

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local host is not accessible from outside: Hi team, I've recently upgraded from win 10 to 11. I am learning web development. The problem I'm facing is , after hosting my web page locally in my pc, I'm trying to access that from my Android using ip address and port my pc stays connected at that time via mobile hotspot....
  4. Resetting my pin from outside windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting my pin from outside windows.: Just got asked to change my pw to sign into my surface. I clicked it, it asked for my pin, i cannot recall my pin. I chose pw instead, keeps saying my pw is wrong. Went online to change my pw, returned to laptop and it says my pw is wrong. Help!...
  5. Upgrading from outside windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from outside windows: I am using windows 10The Windows 11 ISO is to be released around say octoberBut what if i want to install that windows 11 from outside windowswithout boothing into the actual windows but Through CMD From the recovery drive without getting this errorbut with an ISO file in the...
  6. Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge: Hi all, My computer HP Compaq 15 Notebook has been having trouble with printing for a long time now and I am finally trying to get on and fix it. I am trying to print to a brother HL-2270DW printer. All of the other computers in my household have no issues printing from it,...
  7. How can I send a letter from notepad to an outside email account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I send a letter from notepad to an outside email account?: I need to send out my form from notepad to an email account but it shows no email account. how do I save the form, where can I set it down so it is ready to be sent. I have different forms to fill out and I don't want to lose them along the way. Help....
  8. I caanot print from ALL Apps - Can only print from WordPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I caanot print from ALL Apps - Can only print from WordPad: Last week, I could print from any app I opened - Word, Excel, Outlook, WordPad, and even an old version of Lotus 123. I was a "happy camper". I have no idea what happened over the weekend, but now I can only print from WordPad. All other apps either shut down, or stall...
  9. Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.: Hello.., In my Windows 10s laptop I cannot install application from outside, that means cannot install from USB, only from Windows store is available. I have searched for a solution , in that solutions it is saying there is an option (settings->Apps->Apps&features ) to...
  10. Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.: I'm unable to print from Notepad or Wordpad. I have no issues from other software. If I save print jobs as SPL files, I can open them in SPLView and print without issue. Something is killing the hand-off process from the app to the printer. Printer is an HP M402n on USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad will not print