Windows 10: Can only run a quick scan

Discus and support Can only run a quick scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to run a complete or custom scan neither one finishes, my computer shuts down. Is there anyway I can run either of these without computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertShindell67, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Can only run a quick scan

When I try to run a complete or custom scan neither one finishes, my computer shuts down. Is there anyway I can run either of these without computer shutting down?

Thanks

Bob

:)

RobertShindell67, Jan 19, 2020
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Quick Scan?

I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

Thanks. *Smile

Compumind, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Can only run a quick scan

Does Windows Defender Quick scan interrupt Advanced scan?

Before I create a System Image, I run an Advanced scan using Windows Defender, and it typically takes about an hour and the Scan history lists about 4,000,000 files scanned. However, often I see only about 40,000 files scanned, what I get from a Quick scan.

I can think of two explanations that might account for this:

1. The Advanced scan completes, but a Quick scan starts afterwards and wipes out evidence that that the Advanced scan occurred (unless presumably some problem was found).

2. The Advanced scan is interrupted and a Quick scan runs.

Are there other possibilities?

The 2 possibilities listed above are both unsatisfactory because I can tell if an Advanced scan was completed. If an Advanced scan was just completed, there is no reason that a Quick scan should be run automatically.

Mickey Segal, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Can only run a quick scan

1. Can only run a quick scan - Similar Threads - run quick scan

2. virus protection only do quick scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus protection only do quick scan: Hello,I am using windows defender and if it detects a virus I just do quick scan however, it would not give me any action it only shows quick scan again? What to do?...
  3. Issue when running Quick scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue when running Quick scan: It told me to click to do a quick scan and I did it it loads and loads and it will not stop any thing I can do to make it stop loading or finish what its doing way faster.[Original Title: virus scanner]...
  4. W10 Pro Quick Scan indicates to run a Quick Scan again

W10 Pro Quick Scan indicates to run a Quick Scan again: In Windows 10 Pro x64 19043.1202, each time I run a virus scan, it keeps showing "Last scan: Not available" and the yellow indicator remains present on that I need to run another scan.How can this get corrected? This was working great until one of the recent updates...
  5. Quick Scan runs forever

Quick Scan runs forever: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes.[Original Title: Quick Scan] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-runs-forever/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  6. Quick Scan won't run

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Scan won't run: I'm trying to run Quick Scan but doesn't seem to run, and where do you go to set a scan schedule? Went to Microsoft>Task Scheduler but every page is grayed-out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-scan-wont-run/deac5c0d-5815-486f-b4dd-b1271862d2d1
  7. quick scan not running automatically

quick scan not running automatically: My laptop with windows s keeps telling me I need to run a quick scan. Why doesn't this run automatically? It always says quick scan due, but never runs....
  8. Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?: All my PCs routinely show a yellow marker on the Defender tray icon nagging me that a Quick Scan is due. Is there a way of configuring Defender to run these Quick Scans automatically when due? 135489
  9. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....
  10. Can not run scan

Can not run scan: I keep getting Error Code OX8050800d What's Up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/can-not-run-scan/c6d61d61-4372-4480-8376-bac347db9118