Windows 10: Can only run a quick scan

Discus and support Can only run a quick scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to run a complete or custom scan neither one finishes, my computer shuts down. Is there anyway I can run either of these without computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertShindell67, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Can only run a quick scan

When I try to run a complete or custom scan neither one finishes, my computer shuts down. Is there anyway I can run either of these without computer shutting down?

Thanks

Bob

:)

RobertShindell67, Jan 19, 2020
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Quick Scan?

I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

Thanks. *Smile

Compumind, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Can only run a quick scan

Does Windows Defender Quick scan interrupt Advanced scan?

Before I create a System Image, I run an Advanced scan using Windows Defender, and it typically takes about an hour and the Scan history lists about 4,000,000 files scanned. However, often I see only about 40,000 files scanned, what I get from a Quick scan.

I can think of two explanations that might account for this:

1. The Advanced scan completes, but a Quick scan starts afterwards and wipes out evidence that that the Advanced scan occurred (unless presumably some problem was found).

2. The Advanced scan is interrupted and a Quick scan runs.

Are there other possibilities?

The 2 possibilities listed above are both unsatisfactory because I can tell if an Advanced scan was completed. If an Advanced scan was just completed, there is no reason that a Quick scan should be run automatically.

Mickey Segal, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Can only run a quick scan

1. Can only run a quick scan - Similar Threads - run quick scan

2. quick scan not running automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    quick scan not running automatically: My laptop with windows s keeps telling me I need to run a quick scan. Why doesn't this run automatically? It always says quick scan due, but never runs....
  3. Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes

Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes: Title pretty much says it all - my Windows Defender "Virus & threat protection" window shows only the "scan now" button with no quick/full/custom options. See screenshot. [img] In addition, clicking "Run a new advanced scan" causes a brief wait-pointer before the window...
  4. Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?: All my PCs routinely show a yellow marker on the Defender tray icon nagging me that a Quick Scan is due. Is there a way of configuring Defender to run these Quick Scans automatically when due? 135489
  5. how can i run a full scan?

how can i run a full scan?: how can I run a full scan on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-a-full-scan/32c769e6-8b58-49fd-9b7d-78339d4a9eaa"
  6. Quick Scan?

Quick Scan?: This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking. 129520
  7. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....
  8. Can not run scan

Can not run scan: I keep getting Error Code OX8050800d What's Up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/can-not-run-scan/c6d61d61-4372-4480-8376-bac347db9118
  9. When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...

When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...: After the scan locks up, I can only hit cancel to end the scan. This makes the computer work at a snails pace until I run the custom scan. This then allows me to turn the computer off. When I turn the computer back on, it runs slower than normal, and the mute button works...
  10. Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Quick Scan: Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option. My options are: Scan Advanced Scan Full Scan Custom Scan Windows Defender Offline scan Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete. Is a quick scan available? How do I restore this...