Windows 10: can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything

Discus and support can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have found I now have a strange problem. It was working up to last week. I now can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaburmester, Oct 2, 2015.

1. can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything

Have found I now have a strange problem.

It was working up to last week.

I now can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything.

Please someone find a fix.

:)

jaburmester, Oct 2, 2015
  2. shedofjoy Win User

Slow Folder Renaming

In windows 10 you only have to type "Indexing options" into Cortana- next to the start. and select the first option she gives you, from there if you select "modify" you can exclude certain folders, so search will still work on everything else and you
    can rename files in your given location without that annoying freezing, has worked a treat with me when reorganising my folders. hope that helps.

shedofjoy, Oct 2, 2015
  3. How do I search for a specific

Using the File Explorer, I want to search for all files modified on a certain date in the past. The only options I see things like "yesterday, last week, last year, etc." I want to be able to search for all files modified on a certain date (ex. July
    12, 2015). How can I do this?

mcmikelasertr, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything

1. can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything - Similar Threads - search certain files

2. Windows Search not working for certain files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not working for certain files: Hello, i am having a problem with the Windows search function.It does not seem to find any Guitar Pro files like .gp, .gp3, etc.I have checked in the search index settings that the files are included and have tried rebuilding the index multiple times and with different...
  3. Windows Search not working for certain files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search not working for certain files: Hello, i am having a problem with the Windows search function.It does not seem to find any Guitar Pro files like .gp, .gp3, etc.I have checked in the search index settings that the files are included and have tried rebuilding the index multiple times and with different...
  4. Windows Search not finding certain files anymore Search Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search not finding certain files anymore Search Bar: Since somewhen last week, or at most two weeks, the Windows Search, when executed over the Search Bar, doeesn't find certain files anymore. Searching over the Windows Explorer still does find themThree of these examples, all of which are somewhere in a subfolder of \Users\......
  5. Windows Search not finding certain files anymore Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not finding certain files anymore Search Bar: Since somewhen last week, or at most two weeks, the Windows Search, when executed over the Search Bar, doeesn't find certain files anymore. Searching over the Windows Explorer still does find themThree of these examples, all of which are somewhere in a subfolder of \Users\......
  6. Windows Search not finding certain files anymore Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows search show only windows 10 apps how can i fix it to show everything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search show only windows 10 apps how can i fix it to show everything?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AustralianZach [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eommku/windows_search_show_only_windows_10_apps_how_can/
  8. How can I create a backup with only certain files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I create a backup with only certain files in Windows 10?: Hello there, a little while ago I did a messy transition to win10 from win8.1. After that most of my important files in c got moved to windows.old. Things were messy at first however I managed to fix %90 of the issue however my main remaining issue is getting some of the...
  9. Windows search won't find certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search won't find certain files: I'm having a strange issue with Windows search. I have a folder with dozens of articles saved in PDF format. If I open the folder and use the search bar to find a particular file by name it shows zero results. If I navigate to the immediate outer folder in which the article...
  10. Search in certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search in certain files: Hi, how can i search within the content of only certain files ? Also, is there a page that contains the list for all Win10 search functions ? I'm looking it up since 30 minutes but can't find anything. I need to seach the term blabla in all .doc files, how is that...