Windows 10: can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything

Discus and support can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have found I now have a strange problem. It was working up to last week. I now can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaburmester, Oct 2, 2015.

1. can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything

Have found I now have a strange problem.

It was working up to last week.

I now can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything.

Please someone find a fix.

:)

jaburmester, Oct 2, 2015
  2. shedofjoy Win User

Slow Folder Renaming

In windows 10 you only have to type "Indexing options" into Cortana- next to the start. and select the first option she gives you, from there if you select "modify" you can exclude certain folders, so search will still work on everything else and you
    can rename files in your given location without that annoying freezing, has worked a treat with me when reorganising my folders. hope that helps.

shedofjoy, Oct 2, 2015
  3. How do I search for a specific

Using the File Explorer, I want to search for all files modified on a certain date in the past. The only options I see things like "yesterday, last week, last year, etc." I want to be able to search for all files modified on a certain date (ex. July
    12, 2015). How can I do this?

mcmikelasertr, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything

1. can only search for certain windows 10 files and not everything - Similar Threads - search certain files

2. Windows search wont find everything.

in Cortana
    Windows search wont find everything.: My windows search wont find some things, for example when I search for "Steam" it comes up with "Steam Tile" from the windows store and wants me to install it....
  3. File Explorer hangs for 2 minutes or longer only on certain files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer hangs for 2 minutes or longer only on certain files: I have several files I access daily stored under "documents" tab, all of them work fine but one. It hangs for about 2 minutes every time I tried to search from the search box Same subfolder/file every time. I have deleted this subfolder/file, and re-created it, and reloaded...
  4. Windows search won't find certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search won't find certain files: I'm having a strange issue with Windows search. I have a folder with dozens of articles saved in PDF format. If I open the folder and use the search bar to find a particular file by name it shows zero results. If I navigate to the immediate outer folder in which the article...
  5. windows search cant find certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows search cant find certain apps: So when i use windows search for some reason when i type control panel or run neither of them appear anymore. I was having a issue with search before and rebuild the index could that have had a effect on it. 12805
  6. Windows 10 - no sound on certain files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - no sound on certain files: I just installed Windows 10 on my PC. I have had it on my laptop for a while. The install was perfect except for one problem - sound on certain files. I have a sound card installed with the SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio Driver version 1.4.90 driver software installed. Most things...
  7. Search only showing files when search is filtered

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only showing files when search is filtered: Hi everyone, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on an XPS 13. I was convinced that search was broken, but it turns out my files WOULD show if I provided a filter. For example: Hit Windows key and type "Beatles" and I would only see suggested web searches and...
  8. icon not displaying, but only for certain files...

in Windows 10 Support
    icon not displaying, but only for certain files...: I doubt that anyone will be able to help me, but thought I'd ask anyway... My problem involves the music notation software Finale, version 2012. When using Windows Explorer, the standard Finale icon displays for .bak files (backup copies) but not for the proper notation...
  9. Search in certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search in certain files: Hi, how can i search within the content of only certain files ? Also, is there a page that contains the list for all Win10 search functions ? I'm looking it up since 30 minutes but can't find anything. I need to seach the term blabla in all .doc files, how is that...
  10. Windows Search only searching Web and Store.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search only searching Web and Store.: Hopefully somebody knows how to fix this. I have 2 machines running windows 10, and it seems like a lot of struggle of late. My latest problem as of this eve on my downstairs machine, is that Windows Search seems to be confined to just the store and web. Meaning, if I click...