Windows 10: Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB?

Discus and support Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 4GB RAM pc, however windows shows me only 2GB RAM can be used! Please help [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HELP ME_785, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB?

I have a 4GB RAM pc, however windows shows me only 2GB RAM can be used!

Please help

Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB? ce2ab32c-6715-403d-9c87-93232b192b2c?upload=true.jpg

:)

HELP ME_785, Aug 22, 2020
  2. spunk Win User

32bit vs 64bit with 2GB of ram

Also, 64bit Windows runs very slow on 2GB of RAM, we suggest 4GB or better to install 64bit Windows.

spunk, Aug 22, 2020
  3. prashii Win User
    Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB?

4Gb RAM installed only showing 2Gb

Just installed 1x Kingston 4Gb RAM in my system and only 2Gb is showing as installed! Running 64-bit OS mobo has max capacity of 4Gb (single slot), no aftermarket GPU installed so it is running onboard Intel G41 video adapter and my BIOS is up to date.
    Any ideas?

Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB? de803554-38d5-4ec7-b278-7fcf5b80542c.jpg

ViruZ_YuTe, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB?

1. Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB? - Similar Threads - 2GB RAM 4GB

2. Hello, I have a problem. I got 4gb of ram on my pc and 2gb of that are used for "hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I have a problem. I got 4gb of ram on my pc and 2gb of that are used for "hardware...: Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-i-got-4gb-of-ram-on-my-pc/ab3bd167-c7dc-466d-9670-46dd28669da9
  3. Hello, I have a problem. I got 4gb of ram on my pc and 2gb of that are used for "hardware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I have a problem. I got 4gb of ram on my pc and 2gb of that are used for "hardware...: Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-i-got-4gb-of-ram-on-my-pc/ab3bd167-c7dc-466d-9670-46dd28669da9
  4. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  5. I have a HP Laptop it had 4gb ram but now it only has 2gb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a HP Laptop it had 4gb ram but now it only has 2gb.: I have a HP Laptop and it has 4gb ram but after factory reset and reinstalling windows 10 my ram suddenly became 2gb and so it became a lot slower like I can't even open more than one application anymore before it lags, so what do I do?....
  6. I have a HP Laptop it had 4gb ram but now it only has 2gb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a HP Laptop it had 4gb ram but now it only has 2gb.: I have a HP Laptop and it has 4gb ram but after factory reset and reinstalling windows 10 my ram suddenly became 2gb and so it became a lot slower like I can't even open more than one application anymore before it lags, so what do I do?....
  7. I have a HP Laptop it had 4gb ram but now it only has 2gb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. i have 4gb ram but only 2.97 useable what is happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have 4gb ram but only 2.97 useable what is happening?: i have a 4gb ram but at first when i first time look at my pc specs it says 4gb ram3.46 useable and then when my pc is now 2 years old+ my pc then becomed 2.97 useable now like whats happening this problem is getting worse when i check task manager it said only 300+ mb are...
  9. Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.

Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.: I have 6gb ddr3 ram 4+2 installed on my pc. I think I remember the properties showing about5.6gb usable ram. Suddenly today I booted my pc and found out mygames were struggling to load properly. Then I found out system properties page was showing4gb of 6gb ram usable. Then I...
  10. I have 8GB of RAM but only showing 4GB

I have 8GB of RAM but only showing 4GB: I have had my PC for about a month now and I have noticed my game felt choppy but I was still getting 180fps like usual. I checked nvidia and it was all fine so I checked how much memory I was using and it says 3.7 of 4GB. I still have both 4GB RAM sticks in but one isn't...